If you are looking for some fun recipes to make with or for your kids, you’ve come to the right place. Find over 150 kid-friendly breakfast, lunch, snack, and dessert recipes that look as amazing as they taste.
Below you will find links to recipes that your kids will go nuts over.
Most of these projects are easy enough to make with your children. Kids will have so much fun helping you in the kitchen creating any one of these cute food crafts.
The best part is that the recipes themselves are tasty too. You won’t find weird combinations of flavors just to make things look cute. I’ve found just the right decorations to use to create each and every snack or treat.
kid-friendly birthday party desserts
Make a child’s birthday extra special by serving him or her one of these darling desserts.
Birthdays are the best time to create some cute food and I know kids of all ages will appreciate any of these birthday desserts.
- Birthday Candle Marshmallow Kabobs
- Mini Cupcakes in Shot Glasses
- Slumber Party Snack Wraps
- Rice Krispie Treat Birthday Hat
- Sleeping Bag Snacks
- Sugar Cone Party Horns
- Birthday Balloon Rice Krispie Treats
- Birthday Party Horn Cupcakes
- Birthday Balloon Breakfast Pastries
- Rainbow Unicorn Birthday Cake
- Funfetti Cake Pops
- Birthday Candle Cookies
cute animal cupcakes
Kids love cupcakes and animals so these cute animal cupcakes are the perfect dessert for just about any occasion.
Several of them are decorated using Reese’s Cups which adds an extra level of deliciousness too!
- Reese’s Cup Mouse Cupcakes
- Puppy Love Cupcakes
- Cat and Dog Cupcakes
- Teddy Bear Cupcakes
- Polar Bear Cupcakes
- Owl Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Chocolate and Vanilla Bear Cupcakes (not pictured)
cute chocolate pretzels for kids
Decorating mini pretzel twists and pretzel rings is so much fun and most of the decorations are super easy to make using sprinkles, food coloring markers, candy eyes, and candy melts.
Which pretzel is your favorite? It’s definitely hard to choose between them all, they are all so cute.
- Bunny Butt Pretzels
- Cookie Monster Pretzel Twists
- Olaf Pretzel Craft
- Penguin Pretzel Rings (see walrus pretzels too)
- Owl Pretzel Twists
- Polar Bear Pretzel Rings (see mouse pretzels too)
- Bunny Pretzels
- Unicorn Pretzels
- Elmo Pretzels
- Fish Pretzels
- Puppy Pretzels
- Teddy Bear Pretzels
fun rice krispie treats
Start by making the absolute best homemade Rice Krispie Treats (over 20 people taste-tested over 20 recipes to find the perfect cereal treat recipe) or use store-bought treats to make these cute Rice Krispie Treats.
- Black Cat Rice Krispie Treats
- Unicorn Rice Krispie Treats
- Penguin Rice Krispie Treats
- Fluffy Sheep Rice Krispie Treats
- Cookie Monster Rice Krispie Treats
animal rice krispie treats
Rectangle treats are fun to decorate but you can also cut the treats into ovals or circles or you can shape them using plastic molds.
Use homemade modeling chocolate to add decorations. It’s easy to use and tastes like chocolate!
- Starfish Rice Krispie Treats
- Dolphin Rice Krispie Treats
- Polar Bear Rice Krispie Treats
- Teddy Bear Kiddie Pool Rice Krispie Treats
- Woodland Animal Rice Krispie Treats
decorated Nutter Butter Cookies
If your kids love Nutter Butter Cookies, they will have a blast creating these decorated Nutter Butters. The Pink Fuzzy Slipper Cookies are topped with peanut butter fudge to make them one of the most popular treats here on Hungry Happenings.
- Nutter Butter Lamb Pops
- Bumble Bee Nutter Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Puppies
- Pink Fuzzy Slipper Nutter Butters
- Nutter Butter Puppy Pops
farm-themed dessert recipes
Whether you are studying farm life, planning a trip to Granpa’s farm, or you just want to make some cute farm-themed treats, I’ve got you covered.
- Graham Cracker Barn
- Pig-shaped Pigs in a Blanket
- Oreo Pigs
- Oreo Lamb Lollipops
- Farm Animal Pretzel Pops (cow, pig, horse, chicken, sheep)
cute animal-themed treats
There are so many adorable animals in the world and it’s so fun to create their likeness using snack cakes, white chocolate dipped strawberries, cookies, candies, and cakesicles.
- Nutter Butter Polar Bears
- Hatching Chick Reese’s Cup Eggs
- Twinkie Puppies
- Unicorn Cakesicles
- White Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Unicorns
frozen treats for kids
When it’s hot outside and your kids want a cool treat, chill out in the kitchen and create some of these fun frozen desserts.
- Moo Shakes
- Frozen Yogurt Bunnies
- Cookie Monster Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Galaxy Popsicles
- Pink Polka Dot Ice Cream Cups
homemade gummy candy
I don’t personally know a single kid who doesn’t love gummy candies. Making gummy bears and worms is so easy using just a few ingredients.
Making homemade gumdrops requires adult supervision and help but homemade gumdrops are so much better than any store-bought candy. I know you and your kids will love them. Plus you can make them in any flavor, shape, and color you like.
- Sour Bunny Gumdrops
- Under the Sea Gumdrops (shells, starfish, fish)
- Gumdrop Ghosts
- Homemade Gummy Bears, Worms, and more
- Star Wars Gummies
kid-friendly candy recipes
Your kids will be amazed that you can make candy at home. Help them make homemade Tootsie Pops if you really want to “wow” them!
- Homemade Tootsie Pops
- Peanut Butter Butterfly Candies
- Mickey Mouse Chocolate Bark
- Paw Patrol Candies
- Emoji Fudge
animated movie character desserts
What kid doesn’t love animated movie characters? They make perfect cakes, cupcakes, cookies, cheesecakes, and candies.
- Finding Dory Sea Otter Cupcakes
- Light Fury and Toothless Cakes
- Dug and Hognob (Early Man) Cupcakes
- Forky Cupcakes
- How to Train Your Dragon Lollipops
- Paddington Bear Cupcakes
- Norm of the North Lollipops
- Captain America Cookie Cake
- Sherlock Gnomes Magnifying Glass Cookies
- Mini Snowgie Cheese Balls
- Mickey Mouse Cheesecake
- Beauty and the Beast Cupcakes
- Mickey Mouse Olaf Cake
Minions are seriously so darn cute and they are super easy to turn into desserts with their simple oval body and big goggle covered eyes.
summer fun recipes for kids
Bake up some fun for your a day spent hanging out at the pool or beach.
- Marshmallow Goldfish
- Veggie Pizza Fish
- Rice Krispie Treat Sea Animals
- Modeling Chocolate Octopus, snail, and goldfish
- Cheesecake Beach Ball
- S’mores Starfish
- Brownie Beach
cute ice cream cone animals and characters
These ice cream cones are easy to decorate and look so fun. Kids will get a kick out of adding their own decorations to their frozen treats.
- Orange Goldfish Ice Cream Cones
- Ice Cream Cone Eagle
- Puppy Dog Ice Cream Cones
- Pink Bubble Gum Ice Cream Cone Pigs
- Chocolate Ice Cream Cone Monkey
- Polar Bear Ice Cream Cones
- Minion Ice Cream Cones
- Cookie Monster Ice Cream Cones
- Bunny Butt Ice Cream Cones
- Ice Cream Turkeys
- Ice Cream Cone Frogs
- Panda Bear Ice Cream Cones
cute cookies for kids
Kids of any age will love these cute cookies.
- Ralphi Cookies (nilla wafer kid in a pink bunny costume)
- Sunshine Cookie Pops
- Smiley Face Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Polar Bear Cookies
- Mickey Mouse Galaxy Cookies
candy-filled piñata cookies
What’s better than a homemade cookie? Several homemade cookies “glued” together with chocolate or icing and filled with candy!
- Baseball Cap Piñata Cookies
- Basketball Piñata Cookies
- Sunshine Piñata Cookies
- Batman Piñata Cookies
- Sombrero Hat Piñata Cookies
animal pretzel pops
Chocolate dipped pretzels are delicious but they can be wildly fun when decorated like animals.
- Koala Pretzel Pops
- Giraffe, Lion, and Tiger Pretzel Pops (see the hippo, elephant, and zebra too)
- Chocolate Pretzel Pop Bears
- Farm Animal Pretzel Pops (sheep, pig, cow, chicken, and horse)
- White Chocolate Polar Bear Pretzel Pops
kid-friendly chocolate recipes
Chocolate doesn’t have to be a boring rectangle. Have some fun making these sweet and sometimes silly chocolate treats.
- Milk Chocolate Fudge Bears
- Poop Emoji Fudge Pops
- Chocolate Pudding Bears
- Mickey Mouse Animal Kingdom Lollipops
- Poop Emoji Fudge
decorated snack cakes
Snack cakes, like Twinkies, HoHos, Swiss Rolls, and Ding Dons are so easy to decorate using sprinkles, candies, marshmallows, chocolate, and candy clay. You can create the cutest animal snack cakes or make fun cartoon characters too.
- Snack Cake Pups – Twinkie Dogs
- Chocolate Snack Cake Bats
- Beaker Twinkie
- Teddy Bear Snack Cakes
- Twinkie Bunnies
- Kaboom Cakes
- Bumble Bee Twinkies
- Mickey Mouse Ding Dongs
- Snack Cake Penguins
- Snack Cake Cats
kid-friendly breakfast ideas
Make your kids day a little brighter by starting the morning with some cute food.
- Scrambled Egg Flowers
- Sunshine Cinnamon Rolls
- Breakfast Pizza Chick
- Baseball Breakfast Sandwich (see basketball, football, and golf)
- Panda Bear Breakfast Pastry Filled with Nutella
- Smiley Face Breakfast Sandwich (not pictured)
kid’s lunch ideas
Then don’t forget to make something extra special for lunch too.
- Uncrustables Bunny Sandwich
- PB&J Monkey Sandwich
- Taco Tart Teddy Bear
- Bumble Bee Corn Dogs
- Chicken Nugget Butterfly
- Corn Dog Centipedes and Caterpillars (not pictured)
- Pigs in a Blanket Snake (not pictured)
- Cookie Crumble Cheesecake Caterpillars (not pictured)
school lunch ideas
If you are homeschooling your kids or packing a lunch for school, make it really special.
- “Your My Superstar” Sandwiches
- Fruit Roll-Up Books
- School Book Sandwiches
- Fruit Leather Books
- Mozzarella Bites Book Worm
- School House Sandwich
- Graham Cracker Rulers
WOW, can you believe I have created over 150 treats for kids? Actually 95% of what I share here on Hungry Happenings is kid-friendly, but these are the non-holiday food crafts specifically made for kids.
I hope you and your children enjoy time together in the kitchen crafting these fun recipes.