Your kids are going to fall in love with these sweet Panda Pastries filled with chocolate hazelnut spread. These panda-shaped homemade Poptarts are fun to serve for Valentine's Day breakfast or before an outing to a zoo.
Pillsbury Pie Dough, Nutella, and a CuteZCute panda bear cutter were all I needed to make this quick and simple Valentine's Day edible craft which would be perfect for breakfast or dessert on February 14th or any day, really.
These pastries are so easy to create that you'll be happy to make a bunch for your family.
Panda Bear Pastries (makes 12)
flour to dust cutting board
1 box Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts (2 crusts), thawed
¾ cup Nutella
1 tablespoon milk or egg white
Panda Bear Cutter from a CuteZCute Animal Friends Deco Cutter Set
baking sheet covered in parchment paper
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dust cutting board lightly with flour.
- Unroll thawed pie dough on board.
- Cut 24 panda bear heads out of the two pie crusts, re-rolling scraps as needed.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of Nutella on 12 of the panda bear heads leaving at least ¼ inch border.
- Use the facial features cutter to cut eyes, ears, and nose out of the remaining 12 panda bear heads.
- Brush milk around the edges of the backside of those dough pieces and press on top of a Nutella-covered panda head.
- Press down all around the edges to secure the two pieces of pie dough together.
- Set panda pastries on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold. Either way is good.
More Panda Desserts
you might like these other recipes too.