Surprise your kids by stamping a sweet message onto their PB&J Sandwich. This cute Back to School Lunch will make their day special and it's so easy to do.
This post is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine. #PBLove
Do you pack lunch for your kids to take to school and do they request a peanut butter and jelly sandwich almost every day?
That was me as a child. I could have eaten a PB&J every single day. Actually I'd still be happy doing that. Peanut butter is one of my absolute favorite can't-live -without-it foods. I grew up eating Jif® and to this day, there is always a container of Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter in my pantry.
There's just something so satisfying about spreading Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter over a piece of soft white bread then adding a dollop of Smucker's® Strawberry Jam. The combo couldn't be more perfect, in my opinion. I'm guessing your kids would agree.
You can power their day by sending your kids to school with a protein packed PB&J sandwich and make them smile by adding a personalized message.
I realize you may already be rushing to pack lunches, but adding the special touch to your kid's PB&J sandwich will really make his or her day and it will only take an extra few minutes. Seriously, it's that easy.
Just grab a jar of Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter, a jar of Smucker's® Strawberry Jam, and a loaf of bread, while you are shopping at Walmart. You'll also need some plastic alphabet stamps.
I used garden stone stamps because the one inch letters have about a half an inch of depth from the base of the stamp to the top of the letter. They make a perfect impression in a slice of bread. Rubber stamps typically are very flat so you would end up squashing the bread trying to imprint it. You can find stone stamps at Walmart too.
Just be sure you save these stamps for food-use purposes only. Wash them in hot soapy water before using them and keep them in your pantry for other uses like imprinting fudge and cookies.
Let me show you how easy it is to make this Back to School Lunch.
To make a personalized sandwich you'll need:
slices of sandwich bread
plastic garden stone stamps or other plastic alphabet stamps
optional, small cookie cutters
Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
Smucker's® Strawberry Jam
- Press alphabet stamps into a slice of soft sandwich bread creating your own personalized message like, "have a great day" or "I believe in you." The garden stone stamps have a letter on each side giving you something to hold onto while pressing it into the bread.
- Have fun by creating a message including a shape like a star for a "you're my super(star)" sandwich. Use a cookie cutter to imprint the shape into the bread.
- Spread Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter over another slice of bread then top with Smucker's® Strawberry Jam.
- Place the personalized bread on top.
- Package the sandwich in a lunch bag or lunch box along with your child's favorite fruit, veggies, and drink.
See more creative ways to make your kid's PB&J sandwich special at jifsmuckerspbj.com.
If you make these I'd love to hear how your kids reacts to this special back to school lunch. Leave a comment below telling me what they thought and what message you stamped on your sandwiches.
Here are some more fun back to school food ideas.
Cereal Treat School Buses • Inside Out Caramel Apple
Apple Piñata Cookies • Cereal Treat Books
Fruit Leather Books • Chocolate Chalkboards
Book Sandwiches • Back to School Lunch -Personalized PB&J Sandwich
- Homemade Chocolate Easter Bunnies - April 3, 2023
- Mini Basketball Cheeseburgers - February 15, 2023
- Snowman Popcorn Bucket - December 24, 2022
How can i order a food safe stamp for sandwiches?
You can find fondant alphabet stamps/cutters on amazon. This set looks good - https://amzn.to/3dxXYRn
I'm going to start sending messages on sandwiches, super cute!
It's a fun way to send them!