Have fun in the kitchen making these homemade chocolate Christmas treats. You’ll find step-by-step instructions for making all of these cute Christmas candies here on Hungry Happenings.
Do you love making chocolate candies with friends and family during the Christmas season? I sure do!
Making chocolates to share with family and friends is one of the greatest joys of my life and since 2011 I have shared more than 35 Christmas candy recipes and tutorials here on Hungry Happenings. I hope you find lots of inspiring ideas below.
But, if you look at the pictures and feel like the projects are beyond your ability because you don’t have the proper chocolate-making training, I am here to help!
You can now learn how to make chocolate at home in my new Chocolate Making Video Courses.
Announcing The Sugar Academy online school!
I am teaming up some two amazingly talented bloggers, Meaghan from The Decorated Cookie, and Elizabeth from Sugar Hero, to create an online cake, cookie, and chocolate decorating school called The Sugar Academy.
We have created instructor-led video courses to teach you the art of chocolate, cookie, and cake decorating.
You are going to love my chocolate making classes if you have ever asked:
- Why are my candies cracking?
- Why are there streaks or spots on my chocolates?
- Why don’t my chocolate set up hard with a nice shine?
- Why are these Candy Melts so thick? How can I thin them out so my candies have a good snap and shine?
- Why do I need to temper pure chocolate?
- How do I easily temper chocolate?
- How do I make candy-store quality chocolates at home?
You will learn all of this and more when you take my Chocolate Making Courses. Learn more at TheSugarAcademy.com.
O.K. let’s see all the amazing chocolate candies you can make once you learn the basics of chocolate making.
We’ll start with some traditional candies first.
- Artisan Chocolates filled with Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes in White Chocolate Cups
- Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Truffles
- Chocolate Cherry Bombs
I have shared several chocolate truffle recipes on the blog but if you are really interested in learning the art of making candy store quality candies be sure to check out my Chocolate Truffles video course.
Get the recipes to make the delicious Christmas chocolates:
Rudolph is an iconic character at Christmas and chocolate reindeer are the perfect treat to share at the holidays.
See these cute chocolate reindeer recipes:
- Reindeer Pops – chocolate-coated peanut butter crackers with candy eyes, chocolate antlers, and jelly bean nose
- Chocolate Pretzel Rudolph
- Rice Krispie Treat Reindeer
- Cocoa No-Bake Oatmeal Raisin Reindeer
- RITZ Rudolph
- Chocolate Rudolph Lollipops
If you’ve ever struggled to get the perfect coating on your Rice Krispie Treats or pretzels, be sure to take my Chocolate Candies Course. I teach you techniques for removing those big, unwanted puddles of chocolate below your treats.
I know penguins don’t live at the North Pole but these snow-loving animals are just so cute and somehow they are always around at Christmas time.
So let’s have some fun making these cute chocolate penguins:
- Chocolate Penguin Truffles
- Chocolate Penguin Nutter Butters
- Marshmallow Penguins
- Chocolate Penguin Chocolate Box filled with White Chocolate Snowflakes
- Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Treat Penguins
- Chocolate Pretzel Penguins
You can make any of my Christmas treats using either pure chocolate or compound chocolate (Candy Melts, confectionery coating, melting wafers, almond bark). If you don’t know when or why to use one of the two types of candies, you’ll learn everything you need to know in my Chocolate Making Basics course.
There’s nothing more heartwarming than seeing a snowman in someone’s front yard at Christmastime.
If you don’t enjoy freezing in the great outdoors, you can build your snowmen in your kitchen using white chocolate.
Have fun building these cute snowmen treats:
- Snowmen Truffles
- White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treat Snowmen
- Chocolate Snowman Pretzel Craft
- Frosty Snowman Pretzels
If you find you are having trouble making these candies because your candy melts are just too thick or your candies turn out streaky or spotty or worse yet they are sticky and wet, be sure to take my Chocolate Making Basics course to learn how to resolve all of these problems.
Serving a delicious chocolate mousse, homemade ice cream or pudding in a chocolate bowl or cup really elevates the dessert to the next level and chocolate cups make really festive party favors when filled with candies or nuts.
See the videos and step-by-step tutorials for making these Christmas Bowls and Cups:
If you purchase my Chocolate Making Couse Bundle which includes Chocolate Making Basics, Chocolate Candies, and Chocolate Truffles, you’ll get a bonus video lesson where I teach you three different methods for making chocolate bowls and cups.
Frozen is one of Disney’s most popular animated movies of all time and you can make these snow-day treats for a Frozen party or for Christmas.
Have fun making these cute Disney Frozen Chocolates:
If you take my Chocolate Candies Course you’ll see firsthand how to create beautifully dipped chocolate pretzels and how to make white chocolate popcorn.
When you think of the north pole, I bet you can’t resist imagining a furry polar bear running around in the snow.
Let’s make some cute polar bear treats for Christmas:
- Polar Bear Pretzel Pops
- White Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Polar Bears
- Polar Bear Nutter Butter Cookies
As if that was not enough cuteness, I’ve created more adorable Christmas chocolates that kids of all ages will love.
Learn how to make these cute Christmas candies:
- OREO Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer Pops
- Assorted Christmas Pretzels (8 different designs)
- Christmas Mouse Truffles
- Santa Hat Sugar Cones
- OREO Truffle Christmas Lights
- Buckeye Bears
Finally, here are some more delicious chocolate candies that will make great gifts for the holidays.
Package these candies in Christmas tins, boxes, or bags to give as gifts or simply serve them as dessert.
If you want to go all out you can create a handcrafted white chocolate popcorn bowl to be the centerpiece of your holiday dessert table.
Homemade Chocolate Recipes:
- White Chocolate S’mores Popcorn
- Chocolate Caramel Nut Clusters
- Almond Nougatine Spoons topped with Chocolate Ganache
- White Chocolate Biscoff Truffles
- Twix Popcorn in a White Chocolate Popcorn Bowl
I hope you enjoy making some of these Christmas Chocolates.
I’d love to see what you make. You can share pictures in our How to Make Fun Food facebook group. It’s a great place to ask questions, learn from others, and to share your own creations.
Have a sweet day,