Chocolate Caramel Cashew Clusters
Making Chocolate Caramel Cashew Clusters at home is super easy and these handmade candies make perfect gifts or treats for any occasion.
If you are looking for a really simple chocolate candy recipe that you can make at home, these Chocolate Caramel Cashew Clusters are perfect for you. Just a few simple ingredients is all you need to whip up a batch of these decadent chocolate treats which will be ready to enjoy in less than 30 minutes.
Chocolate clusters really couldn’t be much easier to make. You simply stir nuts, and in this case caramel bits, into chocolate and scoop out blobs onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
If you are experienced with tempering chocolate or you want to practice your chocolate tempering skills, these clusters can be made with pure chocolate. If not, then you can use confectionery coating (Candy Melts), instead.
I used pure dark (semi-sweet) chocolate to make these clusters but you could use milk or white chocolate if you prefer. Just be sure to melt and temper the chocolate if using pure chocolate (chocolate with cocoa butter in the ingredients) otherwise your chocolate clusters won’t set up properly. If you use confectionery coating (Candy Melts or Almond Bark) all you have to do is melt the candy coating and it’s ready to go.
If you have no idea what I’m referring to here and need more information about choosing the right chocolate and about melting/tempering chocolate or confectionery coating, be sure to read my Chocolate Making Tips tutorial for more information.
To make these chocolate clusters even more decadent and even more eye appealing I sprinkled on some chopped cashews and drizzled on some melted caramel. You certainly don’t have to do this, but I think it takes the clusters from boring to beautiful. Don’t you?
Watch the video to see how quickly you can make 2 dozen chocolate cashew caramel clusters.
You can find the items needed to make these Chocolate Caramel Cashew Clusters on Amazon (commission earned for sales).
- 2/3 cup caramel bits plus 3 tablespoons
- 2/3 cup cashews
- 16 ounces melted and tempered pure semi-sweet (dark) chocolate
- OR melted dark cocoa confectionery coating (Candy Melts)
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 1 1/2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream (or butter)
- Stir 2/3 cup caramel bits and cashews into the chocolate.
- Quickly scoop out 24 spoonfuls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle on chopped cashews.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
- Remove and let sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of caramel bits with the heavy whipping cream.
- Heat on high in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over the chocolate clusters.
- Allow the caramel to dry before packaging.
If you enjoy making homemade chocolates
you might also like to make some of these candies.
Sweet and Salty Popcorn • Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes
Biscoff Truffles • Mickey & Minnie Mouse Chocolate Bark
Sweet & Salty Chocolate Bark • Salted Chocolate Caramel Truffles
Chocolate Raspberry Truffles • Twix Bar Chocolate Popcorn
Enjoy making these Chocolate Caramel Cashew Clusters!