Kids of all ages will love finding these adorably sweet Rice Krispie Treat Bunny Pops in their Easter Basket. Each marshmallow cereal treat is dipped in White Candy Melts and is decorated with big floppy marshmallow ears, candy eyes, a heart sprinkle nose, and candy bunny feet.
If you like to include a few homemade treats in your kids’ Easter baskets these cute Rice Krispie Treat Bunny Pops will look so cute nestled among jelly beans, chocolate Easter bunnies, and marshmallow chicks.
When putting together Easter baskets I like to have a few things that have some height. I usually put a chocolate bunny in the middle of the basket but balance it out by placing two lollipops, one on either side, in front of the basket handle.
These marshmallow cereal treat bunnies will be perfect basket fillers and I know your kids will love them. They are as cute as they are sweet. You will love how fun and easy they are to make.
Rice Krispie Treat Bunny Pops Video Tutorial
Watch the video then see the step-by-step tutorial below.
How to make Rice Krispie Treat Bunny Pops Step-By-Step Tutorial
- Marshmallows (preferably StackerMallows)
- pink food coloring marker
- Rice Krispies Treats
- popsicle sticks
- pure white chocolate or white confectionery coating (Candy Melts)
- parchment paper lined baking sheet
- 1/2 inch royal icing (candy) eyes
- pink jumbo heart sprinkles
- candy bunny feet (see details in the tutorial below)
- black food coloring marker
You can find the supplies needed to make these Rice Krispie Treat Bunny Pops on amazon (commission earned for sales).
Step 1 – Rice Krispie Treats
- Either unwrap store bought Rice Krispie Treats or make homemade treats and cut them into rectangles.
Step 2 – Marshmallow Bunny Ears
- Cut bunny ears from marshmallows.
- I cut my bunny ears out of Jet-Puffed StackerMallows. They are flat rectangle marshmallows used to make s’mores. When cut only the edges become sticky, but the edges are thin so they will dry quickly.
- If you use traditional marshmallows, cut them in half lengthwise then cut your bunny ears. By doing this one side of the ears will be sticky. Dip that side in powdered sugar and pat off the excess.
- Use food coloring markers to add some pink to the ears. You’ll need to draw onto the smooth side not the side that has been coated in powdered sugar.
Step 3 – How to Dip Rice Krispie Treats in White Chocolate
- Fill a glass that is taller than your rice krispie treat with melted and tempered pure white chocolate or melted candy melts. See my chocolate making tips page for detailed instructions about working with chocolate and confectionery coating (candy melts).
- Dip the tip of a popsicle stick in the white chocolate and insert it into the cereal treat.
- Set it aside to dry for about 5 minutes.
- Hold onto the stick then dip the rice krispie treat into the glass of white chocolate.
- Remove and allow the excess chocolate to drip off.
- Hold the treat at an angle horizontally over the glass and tap the stick on the edge of the glass a few times allowing even more chocolate to drip off.
- Gently scrape the bottom edge of the cereal treat along the edge of the glass to remove any globs of chocolate then place that side down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
You will coat each Rice Krispie Treat with approximately 1 ounce of white chocolate or candy melts but you’ll need at least 4 ounces in the jar in order to dip them. So use 12 ounces to dip 8 Rice Krispie Treat Bunnies.
Step 4 – How to Decorate Rice Krispie Treat Bunny Pops
- While the white chocolate or white candy melts are still wet attach two 1/2 inch royal icing eyes.
- Just below the eyes add one jumbo pink sprinkle nose.
- Attach two candy feet (see details below) near the bottom edge and two marshmallow ears along the top of the Rice Krispies Treat.
- Refrigerate if using pure white chocolate or freeze if using white Candy Melts until hardened (about 3-5 minutes.)
For the feet you can either buy Wilton’s Candy Bunny Feet at the store (Michael’s, JoAnn’s, Kroger, Walmart), or online, or you can make your own. Click on the links below to see how to make other bunny feet…
- candy melts bunny feet
- modeling chocolate (candy clay) bunny feet
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg Bunny Feet
- marshmallow bunny feet
Step 5 – Draw on Whiskers
- Use a black food coloring marker to draw on three whiskers on either side of the pink heart nose.
Have fun making these Rice Krispie Treat Bunny Pops for your Easter baskets. If you make them an share pictures or a tutorial online be sure to link back to this post, mention Hungry Happenings, and use #hungryhappenings.