Kids of all ages will love finding these adorably sweet Rice Krispie Treat Bunny Pops in their Easter Basket. Each marshmallow cereal treat is dipped in White Candy Melts and is decorated with big floppy marshmallow ears, candy eyes, a heart sprinkle nose, and candy bunny feet.
If you like to include a few homemade treats in your kids' Easter baskets these cute Rice Krispie Treat Bunny Pops will look so sweet nestled among jelly beans, chocolate Easter bunnies, and marshmallow chicks.
When putting together Easter baskets I like to place something tall like a Cocoa Krispies Easter Bunny in the middle then I balance it out by placing two lollipops, one on either side, in front of the basket handle.
These marshmallow cereal treat Easter bunnies will be perfect basket fillers and I know your kids will love them. They would look great alongside OREO Bunny Butt Lollipops, Nutter Butter Lamb Lollipops, Rice Krispie Treat Lambs, or even Easter Bunny Pretzel Pops in your baskets.
Rice Krispie Treat Bunny Pops Video Tutorial
Watch the video then see the step-by-step tutorial below.
Ingredients and Supplies
- Marshmallows (preferably StackerMallows)
- pink food coloring marker
- Rice Krispies Treats
- popsicle sticks
- pure white chocolate or white confectionery coating (Candy Melts)
- parchment paper lined baking sheet
- ½ inch royal icing (candy) eyes
- pink jumbo heart sprinkles
- candy bunny feet (see details in the tutorial below)
- black food coloring marker
You can find the supplies needed to make these Rice Krispie Treat Bunny Pops on amazon (commission earned for sales).
Step 1 - Rice Krispie Treats
- Either unwrap store-bought Rice Krispie Treats or make homemade treats and cut them into rectangles or make homemade.
- Head on over to my new website, HowToMakeRiceKrispies.com, to see how we taste-tested 20 versions of the rice krispie treat recipe to come up with the absolute BEST Rice Krispie Treat Recipe.
Step 2 - Marshmallow Bunny Ears
- Cut bunny ears from marshmallows.
- I cut my bunny ears out of Jet-Puffed StackerMallows. They are flat rectangle marshmallows used to make s'mores. When cut only the edges become sticky, but the edges are thin so they will dry quickly.
- If you use traditional marshmallows, cut them in half lengthwise then cut your bunny ears. By doing this one side of the ears will be sticky. Dip that side in powdered sugar and pat off the excess.
- Use food coloring markers to add some pink to the ears. You'll need to draw onto the smooth side, not the side that has been coated in powdered sugar.
What if I can't find StackerMallows?
- You can use Jumbo marshmallows instead.
- Cut a slice off one end of the marshmallow then cut the slice into a rabbit ear.
- Dip the sticky side in powdered sugar.
- Then draw on the opposite side.
- You could even cut and shape Rice Krispie Treats into ears and dip them in white chocolate.
Step 3 - How to Dip Rice Krispie Treats in White Chocolate
- Fill a glass that is taller than your rice krispie treat with melted and tempered pure white chocolate or melted candy melts. See my chocolate-making tips page for detailed instructions about working with chocolate and confectionery coating (candy melts).
- Dip the tip of a popsicle stick in the white chocolate and insert it into the cereal treat.
- Set it aside to dry for about 5 minutes.
- Hold onto the stick then dip the rice krispie treat into the glass of white chocolate.
- Remove and allow the excess chocolate to drip off.
- Hold the treat at an angle horizontally over the glass and tap the stick on the edge of the glass a few times allowing even more chocolate to drip off.
- Gently scrape the bottom edge of the cereal treat along the edge of the glass to remove any globs of chocolate then place that side down on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
You will coat each Rice Krispie Treat with approximately 1 ounce of white chocolate or candy melts but you'll need at least 4 ounces in the jar in order to dip them. So use 12 ounces to dip 8 Rice Krispie Treat Bunnies.
Step 4 - add bunny feet, nose, eyes, and ears
- While the white chocolate or white candy melts are still wet attach two ½-inch royal icing eyes.
- Just below the eyes add one jumbo pink sprinkle nose.
- Attach two candy feet (see details below) near the bottom edge and two marshmallow ears along the top of the Rice Krispies Treat.
- Refrigerate if using pure white chocolate or freeze if using white Candy Melts until hardened (about 3-5 minutes.)
For the feet, you can either buy Wilton’s Candy Bunny Feet at the store (Michael's, JoAnn's, Kroger, Walmart), or online, or you can make your own. Click on the links below to see how to make other bunny feet...
- candy melts bunny feet
- modeling chocolate (candy clay) bunny feet
- Reese's Peanut Butter Egg Bunny Feet
- marshmallow bunny feet
Step 5 - Draw on Whiskers
- Use a black food coloring marker to draw on three whiskers on either side of the pink heart nose.
If you are looking for other cute Easter Rice Krispie Treats to make for dessert or to fill your Easter baskets, be sure to check out these sweet baby chick and lamb treats.
You might also like these cute Easter bunny dessert ideas.
See all of my Easter recipes, here.
Dip crispy and chewy Rice Krispie Treats in white chocolate and then decorate them to look like cute bunnies. These Rice Krispie Treat Bunny lollipops will look great in your Easter baskets.
- 6 tablespoons European-style salted butter cut into small pieces
- 16 ounces Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- 7 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal
- 18 Stackermallows or jumbo marshmallows
- pink and black food coloring markers
- 28 ounces white chocolate (melted and tempered) or white candy melts (melted)
- 32 candy eyes
- 18 jumbo pink heart sprinkles
- 32 candy bunny feet
Unwrap store-bought treats or make homemade treats using the instructions below.
Grease an extra-large mixing bowl with butter. Fill with the Rice Krispies cereal.
Begin melting the butter and marshmallows together in a large saucepan until 75% of the marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat and stir until melted.
Pour the marshmallows over the cereal and mix until well blended.
Spread into a greased 9x13-inch pan and set aside for 2 hours before cutting into 18 rectangles.
Cut StackerMallows (square marshmallows) into bunny ears then use a pink food coloring marker to create the inner ear.
If you use jumbo marshmallows instead, cut them in half lengthwise then cut your bunny ears. By doing this one side of the ears will be sticky. Dip that side in powdered sugar and pat off the excess.
Use food coloring markers to add some pink to the ears. You'll need to draw onto the smooth side, not the side that has been coated in powdered sugar. You could also dip the cut side into pink sugar instead.
Fill a tall glass with melted and tempered pure white chocolate or melted candy melts.
Dip the tip of a popsicle stick in the white chocolate and insert it into the cereal treat.
Set it aside to dry for about 5 minutes.
Dip a rice krispie treat pop into the white chocolate and allow the excess to drip off.
Set the treat on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Immediately add two candy eyes, a pink heart-shaped sprinkle nose, two candy bunny feet, and two marshmallow bunny ears.
Refrigerate if using pure white chocolate or freeze if using white Candy Melts until hardened (about 5 minutes.)
Repeat, dipping all the treats into white chocolate. You may need to reheat your white candy melts or reheat and re-temper your pure white chocolate.
Allow the treats to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before drawing whiskers on the bunnies uisng a black food coloring marker.
Store your rice crispy treat Easter bunnies at room temperature for up to 7 days if using homemade Rice Krispie Treats or up to 2 months if using store-bought Kellogg's Rice Krispie Treats. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
Excess White Chocolate
Each treat will get coated in about 1 ounce of white chocolate but you will need extra white chocolate in order to have enough to completely dip your treats. You can spread the extra white chocolate onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and chill it until hardened to save it for another use. Or you can use it to make some super cute Easter Bunny Pretzels - https://hungryhappenings.com/easter-bunny-pretzel-twists/
- Homemade Chocolate Easter Bunnies - April 3, 2023
- Mini Basketball Cheeseburgers - February 15, 2023
- Snowman Popcorn Bucket - December 24, 2022
Rice Krispie Treats are one of my favorite and it doesn't hurt that they're so cute! Any bunny would love to get them in their basket!
I love them too! I can't wait to share these with some kids.