It is so easy to make these cute OREO Bunny Butt Cookies for Easter using Mega OREO Cookies, Candy Melts, and candy bunny feet and tails.
OREO Bunny Butt Cookies
These Easter Cookies are super simple to make and look so incredibly cute. Don’t you think?
I know it seems a bit odd to make an edible bunny bum, but seriously how can you resist the cuteness factor of these OREO Bunny Butt Cookies? I’m all about cute and just love these Easter treats.
Plus, I’m not opposed to eating anything that tastes as good as these candy coated OREO cookies even if they have a bunny tail and feet attached.
To make these OREO Bunny Butt Cookies I started by inserting a colorful paper straw into a Mega Stuf OREO Cookie. These cookies are stuffed with so much filling that the straw can be easily inserted. If you use a traditional OREO Cookie, you might need to split the cookie open and spread some of the candy melts on the filling before re-assembling the cookie, otherwise the cookie might fall off the stick when you dip it in the candy melts.
You’ll need to flatten the straw on one end before dipping it in the candy melts and inserting it into the cookie. You can also use lollipop sticks if you prefer.
Attaching a lollipop stick or straw makes dipping the cookies into the confectionery coating (candy melts) so easy. You just dip, remove and allow the excess candy to drip off before placing it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. These Bunny Butt Cookies are then covered in sprinkles so you don’t even have to worry about being neat.
How to make OREO Bunny Butt Cookies
You’ll Need: (affiliate links, commission earned for sales)
- paper straws or paper straws
- OREO MEGA STUF Cookies
- white confectionery coating (Candy Melts), melted
- Bottoms Up Bunny Decorating Kit (candy feet, tails, and white jimmies/sprinkles)*
*I found my Buttoms Up Bunny Decorating Kit at Walmart but you can also find them on amazon here – Bottoms Up Bunny Decorating Kit
- Wilton also has kits of just the candy feet which you can find on amazon here – http://amzn.to/2G8dAMC
- Or you can get bunny feet and tail sugar decorations here – https://rstyle.me/n/czcszdccqmx
Alternatives if you can’t find these decorating kits:
- Tails: use white Sixlets, mini marshmallows, or make tails using modeling chocolate
- Bunny Feet: make your own using white candy melts and sprinkles. Click the link to see a video tutorial for making your own candy bunny feet.
- Flatten about an inch on one end of a paper straw.
- Dip the tip of that flattened straw into melted white candy melts.
- Insert the dipped end of the straw into a cookie.
- Set aside until the candy drys.
- Dip the cookie into the melted candy melts.
- Remove and allow the excess candy to drip off.
- Set on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Immediately attach one candy tail near the top edge of the cookie and two feet hanging off the bottom edge of the cookie.
- Sprinkle white jimmies over top.
- Allow candy coating to dry completely before lifting the OREO Bunny Butt Cookies off the parchment paper.
Watch the video to see how you can make these quick and easy Oreo Bunny Butts…