You don’t need to search for the end of a rainbow to find these Pot of Gold Cookies but when you taste one you’ll know you have struck gold! Each chocolate cookies is glazed with chocolate ganache and is loaded with gold coins.
If you are looking for a St. Patrick’s Day dessert that looks cute and tastes amazing, you will love these Pot of Gold Cookies. They are similar to the Mickey Mouse Galaxy CookiesMickey Mouse Galaxy Cookies I shared with you last week.
The silky ganache softens the crunchy cookie slightly over time, so when you take a bite, the cookies practically melt in your mouth.
These cookies are easy to decorate too. There is no fussing over piping royal icing over the top of each cookie. Instead, you simply dip the cookie into warm liquid chocolate ganache. As the ganache cools it firms up into a fudge-like coating on the cookie.
Each cookie is decorated using small round gold sprinkles, called quins. They look just like gold coins.
So you dip the cookie, top with gold coins, then embellish with a shamrock sprinkle and pipe on a handle. These fun holiday treats are sure to make your family and friends feel rich and happy.
You might also like to make these other Pot of Gold Desserts for your St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations.
- Leprechaun Cupcakes (holding a pot of gold)
- These cute cupcakes are made with decorated OREO Cookie Leprechauns.
- Peek Inside Chocolate Pot of Gold Cookies
- Each of these chocolate cookies has gold coins (gold M&M’s hiding inside).
- Pot of Gold Caramel Apples
- Caramel apples dipped in chocolate are fun to decorate to look like pots of gold.
- Chocolate Pots of Gold filled with Dulce de Leche Mousse
- Who needs gold when you can enjoy delicious Dulce de Leche Mousse? YUM!!!
- Oreo Cheese Ball Pot Of Gold
- This pot of gold dessert is so easy to make using just a few ingredients.
You can see more St. Patrick’s Day recipes, here.