Celebrate St. Patrick's Day by making these festive shamrock, leprechaun, and pot of gold-themed desserts, appetizers, and meals. This fun St. Patrick's Day Food is sure to make your day magical.
Make St. Patrick's Day a wee bit more fun by creating some festive food. The luck of the Irish will be with 'ya when you make Pot of Gold Caramel Apples or a Rainbow Cake Roll to share with your friends, family, and co-workers.
When I was young, my mom, being of Irish descent, loved celebrating this holiday. We were always greeted with, "top of the mornin' to ya" on March 17th and we ended our day with a bowl of hearty Irish Stew. We wore green to school to keep from getting pinched and I always made shamrock cookies or candies to bring in to share at our holiday party.
One year, I even learned to dance an Irish jig which I performed at our Hats off to Ireland show. I can't say I've danced a jig on St. Patrick's Day recently but I still do enjoy making festive holiday food to celebrate.
Pot of Gold Desserts
One of my favorite things to create for St. Patrick's Day are pot of gold desserts.
Who wouldn't love to find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow even if it were a chocolate pot filled with golden mousse or a chocolate cheese ball topped with chocolate coins?
Below you will find links to five festive pot of gold-themed desserts that will be perfect for your St. Patrick's Day celebration.
- Leprechaun Cupcakes (holding a pot of gold)
- Peek Inside Chocolate Pot of Gold Cookies
- Pot of Gold Caramel Apples
- Chocolate Pots of Gold filled with Dulce de Leche Mousse
- Oreo Cheese Ball Pot Of Gold
- Pot of Gold Cookies With Chocolate Ganache
St. Patrick's Day Desserts
My favorite way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day is to make a festive and fun dessert to share with my friends or family.
How would your family like some cute Smiley Face Shamrock Lollipops, colorful Rainbow Rice Krispie Treat Pinwheels, or decadent Creme de Menthe Fudge Shamrocks?
Some of these desserts are great to serve after a family dinner while others can easily be packaged and transported to work or school so that you may share them with your friends.
- Silly Shamrock Shaped Rice Krispies Treat Pops
- Shamrock Semifreddo
- Giant Rainbow Candy Bar
- Double Chocolate Creme de Menthe Fudge Shamrocks
- Leprechaun Hat Cupcake Cake
- Candy Leprechaun Hats
- Rainbow Rice Krispie Treat Pinwheels
St. Patrick's Day Cakes, Cupcakes, and Brownies
If you are hosting a St. Patrick's Day party or you have a large group to feed then making a cake is a great option.
Everyone will go nuts when you cut into a Leprechaun Hat Shamrock Surprise Cake or a Rainbow Cake Roll, but they will also appreciate being served a brownie topped with vanilla ice cream and a candy shamrock.
- Shamrock Topped Brownies and Ice Cream
- Leprechaun Hat Shamrock Surprise Cake
- Rainbow Fondant Cupcake Cups
- Grasshopper Green Ombre Cake
- Rainbow Cake Roll with Rainbow Chip Filling
Fun St. Patrick's Day Food - Dinner and Appetizer Recipes
If you are looking for a festive meal or appetizer to serve for St. Patrick's Day be sure to check out these fun recipes.
You can make little shamrock shapes snack crisps or a shamrock-shaped Irish Soda bread to go along with your Irish Stew or prepare some pigs in a blanket in a rainbow-colored crust if you want to really make a statement.
These may not be your traditional St. Patrick's Day dinners but they sure are fun!
- Rainbow Pigs In A Blanket
- Shamrock Shaped Snack Crisps
- Irish Soda Bread Shamrock
- Shamrock Bread Bowl Filled with White Bean Chili
- 4 Leaf Clover Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Pizza
Shamrock Shakes Recipes
Probably the most popular St. Patrick's Day dessert here in the United States is served at McDonald's restaurants. Their Shamrock Shake is a minty milkshake that is only sold for a limited time every March.
You can make these cool refreshing drinks at home too and top them with minty whipped cream and candy shamrocks or you can go all out and serve them in edible candy cups decorated with smiling shamrocks.
For a fun twist, you can even turn the shake into a creamy layered dessert.
- Shamrock Shake with Minty Whipped Cream
- Shamrock Shakes in Candy Cups with Smiling Shamrocks
- Shamrock Shake Cheesecake Bars
Recipes from around the web
Kim from The Partiologist makes fantastically decorated cookies for holidays and special occasions. Here are just a few of her St. Patrick's Day cookie designs.
- Pot of Gold Cookies (gold coins)
- Leprechaun Cookies
- Chocolate Shamrock Cookies dipped in green candy melts
- Shimmering Shamrock Cookies
- Homemade Chocolate Easter Bunnies - April 3, 2023
- Mini Basketball Cheeseburgers - February 15, 2023
- Snowman Popcorn Bucket - December 24, 2022
The shakes are wonderful.