These Mini Cheese Ball Warm Fuzzies are so adorable. Each bite-sized cheese ball is decorated heart-shaped pepperoni antenna, olive eyes, and cracker feet. They are perfect Valentine's Day appetizers for kids and adults.
Last Valentine's Day I shared my recipe for Warm Fuzzy Cake Balls. I love those sweet little coconut-covered cake balls and knew that idea could be transformed into something savory and thus Mini Monster Cheese Balls were created.
Both edible craft projects have been very popular, so I figured why not marry the two ideas together to make Mini Cheese Ball Warm Fuzzies with heart-shaped antennae. Cute, aren't they?
Each little cheese ball has cracker feet, olive eyes and rice noodle antennae topped with pepperoni hearts.
These are so easy, I didn't even bother making an actual cheese ball recipe, I just scooped out some store-bought flavored cream cheese and rolled it in shredded cheese.
These would make a great Valentine's Day appetizer to share with kids and adults but would also be fun to serve for a birthday party.
Let's make Mini Cheese Ball Warm Fuzzies
- flavored cream cheese (or use your favorite cheese ball recipe)
- shredded cheese (any white cheese will work)
- butterfly-shaped crackers
- rice noodles, chow mein noodles, or pretzel sticks
- black olives
- mini heart-shaped cutter, plunger cutters, or use kitchen scissors
- #6 or #7 round decorating tip
Items used to create this project that are available on Amazon.com (commission earned for sales)
I recently discovered the plunger cutter sets, and love them. Whatever you cut pops right out.
decorate mini cheese ball warm fuzzies
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of flavored cream cheese.
- Drop it into a bowl filled with shredded cheese.
- Roll the cream cheese in the cheese.
- Remove from the bowl.
- Cut the butterfly crackers in half. I cut out the middle of the crackers, but it isn't really necessary.
- Spread some flavored cream cheese on the cut edge of the cracker.
- Set the cheese ball on top of the cracker.
make heart-shaped pepperoni antenna
- Cut small hearts out of the pepperoni.
- Attach the hearts to one end of the rice noodles using cream cheese as glue.
- Press two rice noodle antennae into each warm fuzzy cheese ball.
add olive eyes
- Cut slices off of the black olives.
- Use the pointed end of the pastry tip to cut small round pieces from each olive slice.
- Press the pastry tip into the olive, twist, and remove.
- Tap the larger round end of the pastry tip on the counter, allowing the round piece of olive to fall out. You can also just cut them with scissors or perhaps a straw.
- Press two olive pieces into the front side of the warm fuzzy cheese balls for the eyes.
That's all there is to it. Easy, right?
Can I make these mini cheese balls ahead?
If you want to make these ahead, I suggest making the cheese balls and refrigerating them. Then cut out the olives and pepperoni and refrigerate them too.
The day you plan to serve them, put them together. I don't suggest refrigerating the crackers or rice noodles for much longer than an hour as they may get soggy.
More Valentine's Day Appetizer Recipes
Mozzarella Cheese Filled Heart Pastries served with Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
Valentine's Day Salad Topped with Tomato Hearts
Hugs and Kisses Pizza Pinwheels
If you are looking for other treats or gifts to make for Valentine's Day,
you might like these other recipes too.
- Homemade Chocolate Easter Bunnies - April 3, 2023
- Mini Basketball Cheeseburgers - February 15, 2023
- Snowman Popcorn Bucket - December 24, 2022
These are so stinkin' cute! My daughter will love making these with me!
Thanks so much, Wilhemlmina! I hope you have fun making these little cheese balls with your daughter.
Any way we could find out where to buy that mini heart cutter?
You can use tiny heart cutters found at craft stores in the clay section. I just added some links, above, to buy them on Amazon.com. I also recently discovered heart plunger cutters. I love them! You press them into whatever you are cutting, push the plunger, and tiny hearts pop right out.
Thank you so much! I can't wait to get started! 🙂
marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings
I love that you have a savory valentines treat. I'm a salt girl myself. And these are just so ridiculously cute I can't wait to try them out!
This is so cute I had to share this.
What an adorable idea!
Patricia @ ButterYum
Awwwww!!! You always come up with the cutest ideas!!
I love those fuzzy little guys! Cheese balls = YUM 🙂
Wow Beth - the little creatures are simply adorable! And the layered cheesecake - BEAUTIFUL!
Holy Moly these are cute!!!!!!
Oh my gosh - I love these guys! How super cute! I'm going to pin this as well so I remember to make them. Thanks for linking up to Family Fun Friday!
Stacy Sews and Schools
OMGOSH!!!! They are too cute for words!!!
I am definitely Pinning this!
I found you through the TGIF Linky Party!:)
Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com
These are too cute...love it!
Jessica @ Play Trains!
These are so incredibly cute! We'll have to try them when my son grows out of this "no faces on food" phase he's in. 🙂
Michelle | Creative Food
SOOOOooo cute! I love these! They are beyond adorable and I love how simple they are to make 🙂
These are adorable! I had to pin them 🙂