These football appetizers are super easy to make for your game-day party.
Each BBQ pulled pork pastry pocket is cut and shaped into a football to look festive and fun.
If you are looking to make a fun football appetizer to serve at your game-day party, this is it!
Hungry football fans will cheer when you serve these festive football-shaped pulled pork pastry pockets for the big game.
They are easy to make using just three ingredients including store-bought pie crust, egg wash, and pulled pork
You can make homemade pulled pork or you can simply buy ready-made BBQ pulled pork. I knew I'd be spending time creating the football-shaped pastry pockets, so I went the easy route and used store-bought BBQ.
Each of my savory hand pies is stuffed with Coleman Natural Budweiser BBQ Collection pulled pork. The juicy pork infused with real Budweiser lager beer taste is fully cooked and sauced and available in Classic BBQ or Spicy BBQ flavors.
I love sweet pulled pork, so I filled my pastry pockets with Classic BBQ. It made the perfect filling for these game-day appetizers.
Let's make some football appetizers!
Pulled Pork Pastry Pocket Football Appetizers Recipe
These savory football-shaped hand pies are stuffed with BBQ pulled pork. They are easy to make to serve for your game-day party.
- 2 boxes store-bought pie dough (4 9-inch pie dough rounds)
- egg wash 1 egg mixed with 1 teaspoon water
- 1 package Coleman Natural Budweiser BBQ Classic or Spicy Pulled Pork
Thaw and unroll one of the four pie crusts.
Cut out eight 4-inch long footballs using a cookie cutter or knife.
Then, cut out four 3-inch long laces and twenty ¾-inch long laces.
Brush egg wash over the footballs.
Decorate four of the footballs with laces.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of pulled pork over the other four footballs, then set a decorated football on top and seal the edges.
Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator.
Repeat, making a total of 16 football pastry pockets.
Chill for 30 minutes or up to a few hours.
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Bake the footballs for about 12 minutes until golden brown.
Serve and enjoy.
Can I make these football appetizers ahead:
- You can cut, fill, and decorate the football pastries a few hours before your party, wrap the baking pan with plastic wrap, then bake them when your guests arrive so your party guests can enjoy freshly baked pastry pockets.
- Or you can make and bake these up to 2 days before the party, then reheat them in a 350-degree oven for about 8 minutes until warmed through.
- Homemade Chocolate Easter Bunnies - April 3, 2023
- Mini Basketball Cheeseburgers - February 15, 2023
- Snowman Popcorn Bucket - December 24, 2022