This Halloween turn store-bought treats into adorably cute and slightly scary cupcake toppers. It's easy to make a whole pack of these Reese's Cup Werewolf Cupcakes for this fun holiday.
Don't you just love these little guys?
If you had walked into the room while I was making these Halloween treats you would have seen a big toothy grin on my face and my eyes as big as the moon. I was having so much fun creating these cupcakes that I even let out a little howl.
I hope when you make these yummy holiday desserts that you have so much fun that you feel like howling too.
I was having such a good time that I decided to make two versions: some are furry and some are smooth.
The furry ones take just a little bit more time to create than the plain ones, but both are equally cute.
- Reese's Cups
- light cocoa candy melts - See my chocolate making tips page for melting instructions.
- yellow candy eyes
- brown or black M&M's
- white candy melts
- optional: white heart sprinkles - You can use these to make the fangs.
- chocolate cupcakes
- thick chocolate frosting
- Whoppers (small malted milk balls)
- candy bones (bone sprinkles)
- food-use-only paint brush - You'll use this if you want to make furry-looking werewolves.
- round cookie cutter - Use a cutter that is the same size as a Reese's Cup.
- pastry bag or zip-top bag
You can find items needed to make these fun Halloween cupcakes on Amazon.com. I earn a small commission when you use the links in this post to make a purchase at no extra cost to you.
- Attach a Mini Reese's Cup snout, a black candy nose, and two yellow candy eyes to the front of a Reese's Cup using melted Light Cocoa Candy Melts if you don't want furry werewolves.
- To make furry werewolves, spread melted light cocoa candy melts over the top surface of the peanut butter cup, then attach a mini Reese's Cup snout and add more chocolate fur. Attach a nose, two eyes, and fangs.
- Cut two ears from Light Cocoa Candy Melt wafers and attach them to the Reese's Cup using more melted Candy Melts. Add chocolate to make them furry if you want.
- Pipe on fangs using Bright White Candy Melts. If you've made furry werewolves, you can attach four white heart-shaped sprinkles to the underside of the snout to form the fangs. Press the rounded part into the chocolate at the base of the snout.
- Let the chocolate harden by popping the Reese's Cup into the freezer for a few minutes.
- Press a Reese's Cup werewolf onto a chocolate cupcake that is frosted with a swirl of chocolate frosting.
- Press a Whopper (malted milk ball) onto each side of the cupcake and attach a bloody candy bone.
- Pour melted white candy melts into a pastry bag or zip-top bag and snip off the tip of the bag.
- Pipe a moon that's about the same size as the Reese's Cup onto parchment paper. Then pipe a pick onto the moon.
- Freeze the moon/pick for 3-4 minutes until hardened.
- Insert a pick into the frosted cupcake so the moon is behind the werewolf.
Be sure to watch the video below showing you how to make the smooth version.
- 4 ounces light cocoa candy melts, melted
- 6 full size Reese's Cup
- 6 Reese's Cup Mini
- 6 black M&M's
- 12 yellow candy eyes
- 12 light cocoa candy melts wafers
- 4 ounces white candy melts melted
- 6 chocolate cupcakes
- 1 ½ cups thick chocolate frosting
- 12 Whoppers (small malted milk balls)
- 6 candy bones (bone sprinkles)
Spread melted Light Cocoa Candy Melts over the Reese's Cup.
Using a food-use-only paint brush press the brush into the wet candy melts and pull up quickly creating furry spikes.
Attach a mini Reese's Cup snout and brush candy melts all around it making it furry too.
Attach a black candy nose and yellow candy eyes using more candy melts.
Pop the Reese's Cup into the freezer for 1 minute.
Cut two triangle-shaped ears from two candy melt wafers, and attach them to the Reese's Cup. Make them furry using more melted candy melts.
Either pipe on white candy melt fangs or attach 4 small white heart sprinkles for fangs using more light cocoa candy melts.
Repeat creating all 6 Reese's Cup werewolves.
Pipe 6 candy moons with a pick attached onto a piece of parchment paper.
Freeze candy moon for 3-5 minutes until the candy hardens.
Pipe a big swirl of frosting onto each chocolate cupcake.
Place a Reese's Cup werewolf onto the frosting.
Insert the white chocolate moon pick into the frosting so the moon sits behind the werewolf.
Add two Whoppers to the cupcake on either side of the werewolf, creating its paws.
Press a candy bone in between the paws.
Store your cupcakes at room temperature for up to 3 days.