Turn store-bought or homemade cupcakes into these sweet Valentine's Day Cupcake Dogs.
Each of these adorable Puppy Love Cupcakes is wrapped in an "I Woof You" cupcake wrapper and is topped with a Reese's Cup dog! They are so doggone cute!
I know Valentine's Day is just a few days away, but seriously these adorable cupcakes are quick and easy to put together, especially if you just dress up store-bought cupcakes. You'll have a pack of dogs made in no time.
Last week when I made "I'm Bananas About You" Cupcakes using Reese's Cups, I had so much fun and you seemed to like them so much, that I went back to the store to get more candy and cupcakes so I could see what other animals I could create.
I realized I wouldn't have time to get many made, photographed, and shared with you for this Valentine's Day, but I just had to get at least one more done so you could have time to make them this year.
So, go, run to the store and grab some cupcakes and candy, and get started.
What are you waiting for?
Puppy Love Cupcakes
All you need is: (per cupcake)
chocolate cupcake frosted with chocolate frosting
1 Reese's Cup
1 caramel square
1 chocolate chip
2 candy eyes
2 Whoppers malted milk balls
1 heart-shaped marshmallow or candy
¼ teaspoon Reese's Spread, peanut butter, or frosting
Printable Dog Cupcake Wrappers
optional, rolling pin
optional, 1 inch round cookie cutter
optional, 1 ½ inch teardrop cookie cutter
Items used to make this project that are available on Amazon.com (commission earned for sales)
step 1 - make Reese's Cup dog
- Unwrap your Reese's Cups and caramels.
- If needed soften the caramels in the microwave on the defrost setting for 5-10 seconds. Knead the caramel and flatten and shape into two ears and one snout. I rolled the caramel out using a rolling pin, then cut out the pieces using cookie cutters, but you can easily shape them by hand.
- Cut the tip off a chocolate chip and press it into the top edge of the caramel snout.
- Spoon some Reese's Spread, peanut butter, or frosting into a small zip-top bag. Snip off one tip and pipe a dab on the back of the caramel snout. Attach to peanut butter cup.
- Pipe some spread on the back of the two ears and press them on either side of the peanut butter cup.
- Attach two candy eyes above the snout.
step 2 - top a chocolate cupcake with Reese's Cup Dog
- Press one puppy head to the frosting on a cupcake.
- Press one Whopper malted milk ball on either side below the peanut butter cup head.
- Press one heart-shaped marshmallow or candy in between the two Whoppers.
That's it. These dog cupcakes are pretty simple to make.
They just make me smile. How about you?
Don't you want to curl up next to one of these puppies this Valentine's Day?
Maybe you'd prefer hanging with a monkey.
Either way, I hope you have a sweet Valentine's Day.
More Valentine's Day Recipes from Hungry Happenings