If your kids or friends just can’t live without using emoji to express their emotions, they will love these sweet smiley face emoji candies made using a simple 2-ingredient fudge recipe. These Easy Fudge Emoji will make fun treats for Valentine’s Day or any day.
Even I find myself using emoji when I communicate on-line or on my phone. It’s hard to express your emotion with short phrases used in digital technology so adding bright yellow smiley faces or one of the many other emoji designs can let your friends know that they have made you smile or laugh or even cry.
Kids especially love using emoji when texting messages to their friends so I figured they would have fun passing out candy emoji to their friends on Valentine’s Day.
You will be happy to know that these Valentine treats are so easy to make that your kids can even help make, decorate, and package them.
I know most kids don’t like passing out mushy Valentine’s to their friends, so I kept the printable tag simple and sweet. They can tell their friends that they make them smile.
I even created two different options for decorating these cute little Valentine’s Day treats. You can add red heart shaped sprinkles to create the smiley face heart eyes emoji or simply add black Sixlets candies or even chocolate chips to make a smiley face emoji.
To create the smiles, you’ll need to cut black Candy Melts wafers using a small 1 1/4 inch round cookie cutter. If you prefer, you can simply use a black food coloring marker to draw on the smiles. If doing so, be sure to check out my tips and tricks for using food coloring markers.
Check out this video to see just how quickly you can create enough Easy Fudge Emoji for your kid’s entire class.
You can find the items needed to make these cute and Easy Fudge Emoji from Amazon (commission earned for sales).
- 24 ounces Yellow Candy Melts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 60 jumbo red heart sprinkles
- . or 60 black Sixlets
- 15-30 black Candy Melts wafers
- Combine the yellow Candy Melts and the sweetened condensed milk in a microwave safe mixing bowl.
- Heat on high power for 1 minute then stir well until the candy begins to melt.
- Heat for 30 more seconds on high power then let the bowl sit in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and stir thoroughly.
- Let rest for 2 more minutes then stir until melted.
- If needed, heat for 10 second increments on high power, stirring after each until melted.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set the bowl aside for several hours until the fudge firms up or refrigerate for about an hour.
- Meanwhile rub the black Candy Melts wafers in the palm of your hand. This will remove any white marks and soften the wafer slightly.
- Cut out one or two smiles from each wafer using a 1 1/4 inch round cookie cutter.
- Scoop out 1 1/2 tablespoons of fudge using an ice cream scoop or spoon.
- Roll into a ball then flatten into a 2 1/4 inch round disc onto a non-stick silicone mat or piece of wax paper.
- Immediately press two heart sprinkles or two Sixlets into the fudge creating the eyes.
- Press a black Candy Melts smile below the eyes.
- Repeat the process, creating a total of 30 emoji.
- Pop the candy into the freezer for 10 minutes until they firm up and are easy to remove from the silicone mat or wax paper.
- Let warm up for 15 minutes before packaging them in clear 3 inch x 5 inch cellophane bags.
- Fold over the top of the bag and tape it closed.
- Print and cut the Valentine's Day tags, fold them over, add your child's name and the recipient's name, then use double stick tape to attach them to the top of the bags.
- This fudge is super easy to make but it can become really greasy if it gets too hot while melting. It’s best to let the candy rest, allowing the residual heat to melt all the candy melts instead of continually heating it until melted.
- If your candy does get greasy, let it rest in the bowl for 10 minutes, then pour it out onto a piece of marble or granite or onto a metal baking tray. Knead it using a plastic bench scraper or spatula, working the grease back into the fudge. As the fudge cools, the fat will work back into the fudge. You need to work it back in otherwise your fudge will be dry.
- Scoop, roll, flatten and decorate your fudge emoji one at a time. As the fudge dries it will harden and make it difficult to add the decorations. When the fudge is soft the decorations will stick perfectly!
- Wait for the fudge emoji to dry before moving or you may ruin their nice round shape.
Printable “Valentine You Make Me Smile” Bag Tags
Be sure to cut the tags so you have an equal amount of white space above the printed image then fold the tags in half and use double stick tape to attach them to clear cellophane bags filled with an Easy Fudge Emoji.
If you prefer you can simply serve the fudge emoji in a candy dish or on a platter for a party or event.
If you are looking for other treats or gifts to make for Valentine’s Day,
you might like these other recipes too.
Chocolate Fudge Smiling Poo Emoji • “You Rock” Fudge Rocks
Peanut Butter Fudge Buckeye Bears • Fudge Conversation Hearts
Peanut Butter Fudge Hearts • Sugar Stamped Valentine’s Day Fudge
Fudgy Bears • Smiley Face Fudge Emoji