Sweet little white Pretzel Bunny Butts with fluffy marshmallow tails and adorable pink and white paws will add a touch of whimsy to your Easter baskets. Watch the video tutorial to see how much fun they are to make.
Last year I created Peanut Butter Bunny Butt Pretzels using round pretzel rings and you loved them so much that they became one of my most popular Easter treats, but many of you couldn’t find the circular pretzels in your local grocery store.
The good news is that you can use traditional mini pretzel twists to make Bunny Butt Pretzels and they are just as cute.
I loved the look and taste of the peanut butter bunny butt pretzels, but I thought it would be fun to change things up a bit and make them using white candy melts. My only concern was the white marshmallow tail showing up against the white bunny butt.
I chose to use traditional White Candy Melts which are off white instead of the Bright White Candy Melts which have an almost identical color to the marshmallows. If you make these pretzel bunny butts using melted and tempered pure white chocolate there will be even more contrast. Most pure white chocolates made with cocoa butter are very creamy looking. Some have almost a yellow tint to them.
You can see how the tail really pops out when using Peanut Butter Candy Melts to make the pretzel bunny butts, but I have to admit I like the white bunnies better .
Being the pretzel twists are a bit larger than the pretzel rings I needed to make the bunny paws a bit larger so I used jumbo heart sprinkles and candy pearls to create the toes and pad. The heart sprinkles were bright pink so I matched them with bright pink pearls.
These treats are equally as easy to make and look pretty darn cute!
Watch the video below to see how you can make a whole bunch of Pretzel Bunny Butts for your Easter baskets.
You can find the supplies needed to make these Pretzel Bunny Butts on Amazon. I earn a commission for any sales at no additional cost to you, so thanks for using the links below.
- 12 ounces White Candy Melts, melted
- or 12 ounces pure white chocolate, melted and tempered
- 72 jumbo pink heart sprinkles
- 216 pink sugar pearls
- 36 mini marshmallows
- 36 mini pretzel twists
- Spoon 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of white candy melts onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread it out into an oval shaped bunny foot.
- Immediately add one pink heart sprinkle for the pad and three pink sugar pearls for the toes.
- Repeat creating more feet then freeze until hard, about 2 minutes.*
- Roll mini marshmallows into small balls.
- Arrange pretzels about 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Fill the center of one pretzel with white candy melts.
- Immediately add a marshmallow tail to the rounded top edge of the pretzel.
- Add two candy feet, one set over top of each of the smaller rounded edges of the pretzel.
- Repeat making more pretzels then pop them in the freezer for about 3-5 minutes until the candy coating hardens.*
- *If using pure white chocolate, refrigerate instead of freezing.
- You can use white candy melts or pure white chocolate to make these Pretzel Bunny Butts. See my Chocolate Making Tips page for detailed instructions on melting chocolate and candy melts.
- If you prefer, you can make brown bunnies by using Light Cocoa Candy Melts, Peanut Butter Candy Melts, or pure milk chocolate.
- This recipe makes at least 36 Pretzel Bunny Butts but may make more depending on the size of pretzel twists you use and the amount of chocolate used for each bunny.
If you love the Pretzel Bunny Butts, you might also like these other cute Easter bunny food craft ideas.