Treat your family to a Dark-Side Halloween Dinner with Wildflower Honey BBQ Drumsticks, Corn Bread Skulls, Caramelized Sweet Potato Rice & Green Beans.
I had so much fun putting together the dinner menu and was excited to create more Halloween meals for you. As luck would have it I was asked to create a dark-side themed Halloween dinner featuring Cooked Perfect® Fire Grilled Chicken. During Halloween, families can move to the “dark side” with Cooked Perfect’s flavorful dark-meat chicken options.
I chose to use Wildflower Honey BBQ Drumsticks and paired them with some Caramelized Sweet Potato Rice. The sweet & savory flavor of the drumsticks goes so well together with the slightly sweet and spicy side dish. I used black rice to make it festive for my Halloween dinner. Cooked Perfect Fire Grilled Chicken is grilled over an open fire to lock in natural juices and it comes in a variety of flavors including the Honey BBQ Drumsticks, Bourbon BBQ Bone-In Thighs, and Classic Boneless Thighs. Any of those would work great with this meal.
You can find packages of the Cooked Perfect Premium Fire Grilled Chicken in the freezer section at your grocery store. Find Fire Grilled Chicken using their product locator.
They are fully cooked so all you have to do is heat them up in the oven. This whole meal came together in about 45 minutes. A quick and easy meal is perfect for a busy Halloween night.
Before I popped the chicken in the oven, I whipped up a box of corn muffin mix and baked it in my skull pan for about 20 minutes. Then I placed the chicken on a baking sheet and heated them through according to the package instructions.
While the chicken baked, I caramelized the sweet potatoes and tossed them with some rice. The recipe is below.
Just before the chicken was ready I steamed some green beans. Once plated all together the meal looked perfect for Halloween. I love that it was easy to put together and it tasted great.
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons more
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced (1/4-1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 1/4 cups cooked black rice
- black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped roasted and salted almonds
- optional, 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium high heat in a 12 inch stainless steel skillet.
- Add a pinch of salt, chili powder, and brown sugar.
- Stir until well combined.
- Toss in the diced sweet potatoes.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, until well caramelized and cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter and allow it to melt.
- Add the rice and toss to coat and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle on honey, if using, then sprinkle on more chili powder to taste.
- Sprinkle on chopped almonds.
- Serve with Cooked Perfect Fire Grilled Chicken – Wildflower Honey BBQ Drumsticks.