You won’t believe how easy it is to make your own homemade Chocolate Heart Cups using a silicone mold. Just melt, fill, and chill then add some heart sprinkles to make them pretty and fill them with your favorite Valentine’s Day candy. Kids and adults will love them.
Have you used a silicone shot glass mold to create treats yet?
They are so easy to use. You just fill, freeze, and un-mold. Wilton just came out with a new heart shaped shot glass mold and it was perfect for making these quick and easy Valentine’s Day treats.
I used white and light cocoa candy melts to make this project super easy but you can also use melted and tempered pure chocolates to make these sweets taste even better.
These cups would look pretty just as they are, but I thought it would be fun to add some heart shaped sprinkles to the outside. It’s a simple way to dress up these cups.
I plan to give these to some kids so I filled them with a variety of Valentine’s Day candy. Small candies fit perfectly and these treats can be packaged up and given as gifts.
You can find the items needed to make these Chocolate Heart Cups from Amazon (commission earned for sales).
- 24 ounces Candy Melts, melted (12 ounces of white & 12 ounces of light cocoa)
- OR 24 ounces melted and tempered pure chocolate
- large heart sprinkles
- assorted Valentine's Day candy
- Pour candy melts into silicone shot glass mold reserving about a tablespoon of candy to use as "glue" to attach the sprinkles.
- Tap the mold to allow the air bubbles to rise to the surface.
- If needed, pop the air bubbles.
- Freeze the mold for about 15 minutes until the candy hardens.
- Remove and un-mold.
- Use dabs of melted chocolate or candy melts to attach pink or red heart sprinkles around the outside of the chocolate heart cups.
- Fill with candy.
Here’s a quick video tutorial. Watch how easy these are to make using the silicone mold.
If you enjoy making your own chocolate treats for Valentine’s Day be sure to check out these other tutorials & recipes.
Olive You Chocolate Truffles • Chocolate Heart Box
Salted Caramel Chocolate Truffles (another ice cream recipe) • Artisan Chocolate Recipe
Peanut Butter Fudge Hearts • Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes
Cordial Cherry Chocolate Fudge Hearts • Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
If you recreate these Chocolate Heart Cups filled with Valentine’s Day Candy
be sure to link to this tutorial and send a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org,
so I can share it in my Readers’ Gallery or share it on Instagram tagging #HungryHappenings.
If you are looking for other treats or gifts to make for Valentine’s Day,
you might like these other recipes too.