This Sweet Cookies and Cream Halloween Cheese Ball Rat will spook everyone out but is amazingly delicious! This dessert is simple, festive, and screamingly delicious!
If you are looking for party food that might at first gross-out your squeamish guests, but tastes so yummy they won’t be able to resist, this is the OREO Cookie Cheese Ball Rat is for you.
- A yummy dough made from Oreo Cookies and Philadelphia Cream Cheese creates Longtail’s body, legs, and ears.
- His long body is rolled in crushed cookies which mimics his hair.
- Chocolate chips become eyes and a simple cream cheese frosting is piped on to create his tail, nose, and toes.
Kids will love helping you create this adorable yet disgusting creature and will have even more fun eating it.
Halloween Cheese Ball
- 18 ounces Oreo Cookies
- 8 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese, softened and divided
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- pink paste or gel food coloring
- 2 chocolate chips
Special Equipment Needed:
- Pour cookies into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until the cookies are fine crumbs.
- Remove 2/3 cup crumbs and set aside.
- Add 7 ounces cream cheese to the food processor and pulse until the mixture is completely combined, scraping bowl as needed.
- Reserve about 3 tablespoons of the cookie/cream cheese dough for Longtail’s legs and ears.
- Pour the remaining dough onto a piece of plastic wrap.
- Use the plastic wrap to help you form the dough into a long oval. Unwrap.
- Pour reserved cookie crumbs into a long shallow container.
- Roll dough oval into crumbs, shaping the body as you go.
- Place on a serving platter.
- Press the two chocolate chips onto either side of Longtail’s face.
- Pinch off small amounts of the reserved dough and roll into 2 short skinny front legs and two longer wider back legs.
- Attach to the body.
- Pinch off two small balls of dough and flatten them into ears.
- Attach to the head.
- Combine the remaining 1 ounce of cream cheese with the powdered sugar and one very small drop of pink food coloring.
- Stir until well combined.
- Spoon pink cream cheese into a pastry bag fitted with a coupler and # 12 decorating tip.
- Pipe a long tail onto the back of Longtail’s body.
- Start by setting the decorating tip at Longtail’s back end.
- Squeeze and as the frosting comes out of the tip, pull out and around the body tapering off as you go.
- Pipe on a nose and pipe some pink onto each ear.
- Remove the #12 decorating tip and replace it with a #3 tip.
- Pipe on Longtails’ toes. Keep refrigerated for up to a week.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
If you don’t have any experience piping frosting you can substitute candy pieces for the tail, nose, and toes.
- You could use strawberry Tootsie Rolls to create these parts.
- Just soften the candy in your warm hand and cut and mold into the desired shape.
- You can also put them in the microwave on defrost for 5 seconds.
- Just be careful as the candy may be very hot when you remove it from the oven.
Be sure to check out all the Halloween recipes here on Hungry Happenings.