Serve an Elegant Cheese Ball Birthday Cake at your next party. Your birthday party guests will truly be impressed to see how you turned an ordinary cheese ball into a spectacular appetizer.
Since I created my first Cheese Ball Birthday Cake, I've been asked to make others for friends and family who were looking for something savory to go along with the sweets they were serving at their birthday parties.
Sadly, I forgot to take pictures of all but this one. It's alright, as this was my favorite new design.
My sister asked me to make a cheese ball cake for her boss. I wanted to create something festive, yet elegant so I chose to go with a gold star-themed cake.
Once again, I used Velveeta Queso Blanco to create my savory version of fondant. I cut small stars then brushed them with gold luster dust.
This cheese ball birthday cake took me less than 30 minutes to create and I think it looks really beautiful.
Have you tried your hand at decorating a cheese ball cake yet? I'd love to see pictures!
Elegant Gold Star Cheese Ball Birthday Cake
1 cheese ball cake (see directions, here)
Velveeta Queso Blanco (soft white processed cheese)
non-stick baking mat (like a silpat)
offset metal spatula
mini star plunger cutter or cookie cutter
gold luster dust
pastry brush or food use only brush
Happy Birthday rubber stamp (new, food use only)
round cookie cutter, that is close to the size of your cheese ball cake
- Cut off chunks of the Velveeta Queso Blanco and place them in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Melt in the microwave, heating on high for 15-25 second increments, stirring in between each until the cheese is smooth.
- Quickly spread a thin layer of the cheese onto a non-stick baking mat using an offset spatula.
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes until firm enough to cut and hold its shape.
- Use a small star plunger cutter to cut stars out of cheese. Brush stars with gold luster dust.
- Press your "Happy Birthday" rubber stamp into the cheese. I used a stamp from Recollections which I purchased from Michaels.
- Cut out around it using a round cookie cutter.
- Decorate your cheese ball cake with your cutouts. All you have to do is press them onto the cake, and they will stick.
- You can add some gold luster dust to the Happy Birthday stamped cheese too if you'd like.
- Set cake on a plate and keep it covered and refrigerated for up to 4 days.
This cheese ball would also be great for a New Year's eve party. Just swap out the stamp for a Happy New Year impression.
More Birthday Cheese Ball Recipes
If you prefer brighter, more cheerful colors, be sure to check out the step-by-step tutorial to make this Polka Dot Cheese Ball Birthday Cake.
If you are hosting a spa party, this Spa Party Appetizer would be fun to serve.
This Daisy Cheese Ball Cake would be great to serve at a birthday party too.