Your kids are going to love these sweet Cocoa Krispies Treat Turkeys. They are super easy to make for Thanksgiving.
When I saw boxes of the new Cocoa Krispies Treats in the store this week, I couldn't resist throwing some into my cart so I could make these Cocoa Krispie Turkeys.
I've wanted to share a super easy treat for Thanksgiving and came up with these cute turkey crispy treats.
To make these turkey treats, you have to dip marshmallow cereal treats in chocolate and then decorate them with modeling chocolate eyes, beaks, and wattles.
Below, I'll show you how to make a simpler version of these treats using store-bought cocoa krispie treats and candy.
- Cocoa Krispies Treats - Use store-bought or homemade Cocoa Krispies Treats.
- candy corn
- jumbo candy eyes
- orange slices (gumrops)
- red Jelly Bellies or small jelly beans
- knife or kitchen shears
- Insert the white tips of 6 candy corn in the top edge of the Cocoa Krispies treats.
- Press two candy eyes onto each treat. If they won't stick, you can attach them using corn syrup, frosting, peanut butter, or Nutella. Mine stuck to the sticky treats.
- Cut an orange slice in half and then cut each half into triangles.
- Press one triangle onto the treat under the eyes with the sticky side onto the treat.
- Cut a red jelly bean in half and press the sticky side to the treat next to one edge of the orange slice beak.
That's it! It's so easy.
Watch the video to see how quickly you can put them together.
- 8 Cocoa Krispies Treats
- 48 candy corn
- 16 jumbo candy eyes
- 2 candy orange slices
- 4 small red jelly beans
Unwrap the cereal treats.
Insert 6 candy corn in a fan shape across the top of each cereal treat.
Press two jumbo candy eyes onto each treat.
Cut orange slices in half so you have two half-moon shaped pieces.
Cut each piece into 3 triangles.
Press one triangle onto each cereal treat just below the two eyes.
Cut the red jelly beans in half lengthwise so you have two bean-shaped halves.
Press one half onto each cereal treat next to the orange slice beak to create the turkey's waddle.