It’s so easy to create these beautiful Peanut Butter Cracker Butterflies using store bought crackers, candy melts, M&M’s and colorful licorice laces. Your kids will have so much fun making their very own colorful butterfly treats.
Are your kids enjoying their summer holiday? At some point I’m sure they will be begging you to do something fun so I’ve created this super cute food craft that you can make with your kids to celebrate the summer season.
They are pretty simple to make using store bought butterfly shaped crackers and peanut butter (or any nut butter or spread your kids like). Each butterfly treat is dipped in colorful candy melts and decorated using M&M’s and colored licorice laces.
Check out this video to see just how quickly you can make them.
You can find the supplies and ingredients needed to make these Peanut Butter Cracker Butterflies from Amazon. I earn a small commission for each sale which helps me purchase my supplies to make the treats I share with you, so thanks for using the links below.
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 24 butterfly crackers
- 12 ounces colored candy melts (yellow and/or orange), melted
- 24 regular yellow and/or orange M&M's candies
- 24 mini yellow and/or orange M&M's candies
- 12 regular green M&M's
- 36 mini green M&M's
- 24 (1 inch) pieces of colored licorice laces
- Spread some peanut butter on 12 of the butterfly crackers then set another cracker over top.
- Dip a peanut butter cracker into the melted candy melts.
- Use a chocolate dipping fork to remove the butterfly and allow the excess candy melts to drip off.
- Set on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Immediately press two regular yellow or orange M&M's on the upper portion of each wing.
- Press two mini yellow or orange M&M's on the lower portion of each wing.
- Press one regular green M&M at the top of the mid section creating the butterfly's head.
- Arrange three mini green M&M's in a row below the head.
- Insert two candy licorice pieces into the top of each cracker creating antennae.
- Pop the cracker into the freezer for 3-5 minutes until the candy coating hardens.
- Remove the crackers from the freezer and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Draw two eyes and a smile on the green butterfly heads.
If you like these cute Peanut Butter Cracker Butterflies, you might also like these other fun food crafts.