Dress up your popcorn to look like an iconic Halloween candy. Toss some popcorn in orange, yellow, and white Candy Melts and nestle the pieces in clear plastic cone shaped bags to create these festive Popcorn Candy Corn Bags.
Candy corn is the quintessential Halloween candy. Even if you don’t like it, you are aware of it’s presence at this time of year. Store shelves are piled high with bags of the orange, yellow, and white striped candies.
I actually like candy corn in moderation. As a kid I was able to eat an entire bag in one sitting. I know this because I did it, probably more than once. Now that my tastes in candy have matured, I still will pop a few into my mouth, but I can walk by a bowl and resist the temptation. I can’t say that is true for white chocolate popcorn.
I love the candy coated puffs of corn and would definitely finish off one of these Popcorn Candy Corn Bags in one sitting even considering how big I made them.
Each of these treats is packaged in an 18 inch clear plastic disposable pastry bag. Each bag holds a nice amount of popcorn. If you want you can share your bag with a friend or package them in smaller 12 inch pastry bags.
To make these treats you can melt and temper pure white chocolate then color some of it orange and yellow or you can simply use colored Candy Melts, like I did.
Here’s a quick video tutorial to watch and the recipe is below.
To make these Popcorn Candy Corn Bags you’ll need items that can be purchased from Amazon.com (affiliate links).
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 6 ounces orange candy melts, melted
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 12 ounces yellow candy melts, melted
- 2 cups popped popcorn
- 3 ounces white candy melts, melted
- Toss melted orange candy coating with popcorn.
- Spread on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Break apart into small popcorn sized pieces.
- Repeat above tossing popcorn in yellow candy coating.
- Do it again using white.
- Equally divide the popcorn into two 18 inch pastry bags, layering the white then yellow then orange.
- Tie with ribbon so each bag looks like a candy corn.
Popcorn Candy Corn Bags
You might also enjoy making these other Halloween treats.
Snack Cake Bats • Nutter Butter Skulls
Chocolate Cauldrons • Super Sized Cake Ball Spider
Caramel Apple Cats • Cocoa Krispies Treat Trick-or-Treat Bear
Candy Filled Witch Cookies • Cheesecake Pumpkin Stuffed Cupcakes