Make cute and quirky Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Monsters for Halloween. They are quick and easy to create using a variety of candies and are perfect treats for this fun holiday.
If you need a simple treat to make for Halloween, you’ve got to try these pretzel monsters. They are lumpy and bumpy and furry and fun. Plus they taste great.
You start with a pretzel and cover it in caramel (or you can use peanut butter, chocolate hazelnut spread, or cookie spread) then roll it in chopped nuts or toffee bits (or some other toppings that will help make your monsters look lumpy and bumpy).
Then you’ll dip the pretzels in a variety of colored candy melts and go to town decorating them with candy.
You can make all your monsters look exactly the same or completely different.
Grab any candies you have in your pantry. Mini M&M’s, confetti sprinkles, and jimmies work great. You’ll also need some candy eyes. You can use any size candy eyes or draw some pupils on regular sized M&M’s or Smarties.
You can watch the video below to see how I made two of the pretzel monsters, but there is no right or wrong way to make these monsters. Just be creative and have fun.
- 1/2 cup Caramel Bits
- 6 ounces colored candy melts, melted
- 6 pretzel rods
- candy eyes, assorted candies, sprinkles
- optional, food coloring markers
- Pour caramel bits into a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat on medium power for 30 seconds.
- Remove and stir.
- Heat on medium power for 20 seconds.
- Let sit in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Remove and stir until melted.
- If needed, heat for 10 second increments, stirring after each until melted.
- Note: Don't allow the caramel to get too hot because it will harden like hard candy. You just want to warm it until it's spreadable.
- Spread caramel over three quarters of a pretzel.
- Immediately roll caramel coated pretzel in chopped nuts or toffee bits.
- Repeat, with 5 more pretzels.
- Freeze pretzels for 5 minutes.
- Spoon candy melts over caramel coated pretzel.
- Immediately decorate using candy eyes, candies and sprinkles.
- Freeze for 3 minutes until candy coating hardens.
- Allow pretzels to sit at room temperature for a while before adding details with food coloring markers and then packaging.
You can find items needed to make these monster pretzels on Amazon.com (commission earned for sales at no additional cost to you.)
If you recreate these Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Monsters
be sure to link to this tutorial and send a picture to email@example.com,
so I can share it in my Readers’ Gallery.