Wake up on Halloween to a spooky Halloween Breakfast with these Jack-O-Lantern and Spider Web Pancakes! These treats have a delicious surprise inside that will have your kids begging for more!
A few weeks ago, our exchange student cooked us pancakes for breakfast. Oh, I can’t tell you how nice it was to have someone else cook for me in my own kitchen. We gobbled up our sweet meal but had some pancakes leftover.
Normal, sane, people would just wrap them up and put them in the refrigerator. Nope, not me. We had to have some fun with the leftovers.
We cut our pancakes out with cookie cutters, added some sweet filling, and sandwiched two together. They looked so great, we decided to snap some pictures, so we could share our project with you. We kept our pancakes in the refrigerator until the next morning when we popped them in the toaster oven to heat them up and then enjoyed them.
I’d love to share this pancake recipe with you, but she didn’t use a recipe. She just threw things into a bowl until it looked like she wanted. Some of the pancakes were cooked to a nice golden brown, while others were lighter, just in case you were wondering.
So, whip up a batch of your favorite pancakes and have some fun before Halloween.
- cooked pancakes (hot or cold)
- fillings like Nutella, chocolate nut spread, nut butter, jam, jelly, or pie filling
- cookie cutters and/or a knife
- Use cookie cutters or a knife to cut Halloween shapes out of your cooked pancakes. Spread some filling onto half of your cut out pancakes.
- On the other half, you can add details. We cut faces out of our pumpkin shaped pancakes in order to make jack-o-lanterns and cut out a spider in our spider web shaped pancakes.
- Add one of the detailed pancakes on top of the one with filling.
- Serve these fun Halloween pancakes hot or cold.
- If you want to serve them hot, cut the pancakes, toast them in your toaster or toaster oven, or warm them in your oven before adding the chocolate hazelnut or caramel filling.
Be sure to check out all the Halloween recipes here on Hungry Happenings.