Add some fun to your kid’s lunchbox by turning Welch’s Fruit Rolls into adorable little Fudgy Fruit Roll Notebooks. This back to school snack will earn you an A+!
This post is sponsored by Welch’s® Fruit Snacks. I am being compensated for this post. All comments and opinions are my own.
Imagine your child opening his or her lunch box to find these Fruit Roll Notebooks inside.
Aren’t they adorable little back to school snacks?
Each bite sized snack is made using Welch’s Fruit Rolls and white chocolate fudge. They are quick and easy to create and I just know your kids are going to love it if you unroll some fun and make these notebooks for them.
You can feel good about giving your kids Welch’s Fruit Rolls. Did you know that the first ingredient in Welch’s Fruit Rolls is real fruit and that they have 100% of the daily value of Vitamin C and 25% daily value of Vitamins A & E?
I used Berry Fruit Rolls to make these notebooks and was really impressed with the intense berry flavor. They are delicious right out of the package and are definitely a snack the whole family can enjoy.
I paired the Fruit Rolls with white chocolate fudge when making these edible notebooks. The texture of each notebook is soft and chewy and the combination of berry and cream together is delightful.
White Chocolate Fudge Pages
To make the white chocolate fudge I combined white chocolate with sweetened condensed milk. You can get squeeze bottles filled with sweetened condensed milk so that you don’t have to open a can just for one tablespoon of the sweet stuff. As an alternative you can use corn syrup or even honey instead. They all taste great.
2 Welch’s Berry Fruit Rolls
2 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk, honey, or corn syrup
black food coloring marker
*I made a very small batch in order to create 17 notebooks. You can easily triple this recipe to use all 6 Fruit Rolls that come in a box.
To make the fudge:
- finely chop 2 ounces of white chocolate
- heat in the microwave for 30 seconds
- let sit in the microwave for 2 minutes
- remove and stir until completely melted
- let cool slightly
- stir in one 1 tablespoon of sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup or honey
- the chocolate will get thick very quickly
- stir slowly just until combined
- pour out onto a piece of plastic wrap
- flatten into a rectangle that is about 1/8th inch thick
- cover and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes until firm
- remove and uncover
- cut into small rectangles, re-rolling chocolate fudge as needed
If your white chocolate fudge is greasy, let it sit at room temperature for 5 minutes, then knead it on a cold surface (a marble or granite counter or a metal baking sheet) until smooth and pliable. Check out my modeling chocolate tutorial for more detailed instructions.
Fruit Roll Books
You will sandwich the small rectangles of white chocolate fudge in between two pieces of Welch’s Berry Fruit Rolls.
- cut the Fruit Rolls so that they are a tiny bit longer than the white chocolate fudge rectangles
- set one Fruit Roll piece down
- set one white chocolate fudge rectangle on top
- set another Fruit Roll piece on top of the fudge
- press down to make it all stick together
- use a black food coloring marker to draw 5-7 dots along one long edge of the top piece of Fruit Roll
- draw short straight lines from the dots to the closest edge of the Fruit Roll
- if desired, add the names of class subjects, doodles, or your child’s name to each notebook
If your books won’t stick together, dab some sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup, or honey on the white chocolate fudge pieces before attaching the Fruit Roll pieces.
Depending on how thick you roll out the white chocolate fudge you should get 14-22 notebooks.
If you plan to make these cute little edible notebooks or you just want a great snack that the whole family will enjoy you can find Welch’s Fruit Rolls at your grocery or discount store.