Enjoy a big bowl full of Chocolate Halloween Popcorn topped with Halloween M&M Candies and ghost and bone sprinkles.
This decadent popcorn makes a great snack or gift for the holiday and it is so easy to make.
Crunchy popcorn topped with chocolate makes a decadent treat for any holiday and dark chocolate popcorn is perfect for Halloween.
Its deep dark color contrasts perfectly with the bright orange, neon green, and purple Halloween M&Ms and the bright white bone and ghost sprinkles.
The candy and sprinkles add even more crunch to this fun Halloween snack.
This popcorn is perfect to serve in a big bowl but it also makes a great gift when packaged in Halloween popcorn boxes, tins, or bags.
I made a big batch to share with my friends. It's the perfect addition to any You've Been Bood gift.
It's so easy to make that you can quickly create a lot.
How to make Chocolate Popcorn for Halloween?
step 1 - Melt and temper pure dark chocolate or melt chocolate candy melts.
You can use either pure dark chocolate which contains cocoa butter or you can use compound chocolate (candy melts) which contains palm kernel oil or other vegetable oil.
Pure chocolate must be tempered (melted and cooled to specific temperatures) while compound chocolates, also known as candy melts, melting wafers, confectionery coating, or almond bark simply need to be melted.
Check out my Chocolate Making Tips page for detailed melting and tempering instructions.
step 2 - Toss popcorn with melted chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate over the popcorn in a large mixing bowl and toss to coat.
- Just mix until the popcorn looks coated. If you mix for too long, the chocolate will begin to harden and you'll end up with spikes of hardened chocolate on the popcorn. Plus, the candy and sprinkles will not stick if the chocolate hardens too quickly.
- I prefer to use air-popped popcorn because the chocolate sticks to it easiest, but you can use microwave popcorn or oil-popped popcorn too.
step 3 - Top with Halloween M&Ms and sprinkles.
- Spread the popcorn onto a parchment paper-lined baking pan. Then immediately sprinkle on the candies.
- Tap the pan on the counter a few times. This will help to ensure the candies are stuck to the chocolate.
step 4 - Chill the popcorn.
- Place the popcorn in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
- Then remove the popcorn and break it into chunks.
- Let the popcorn sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before packaging it in boxes or bags.
That's it! It's so easy to make.
Dark chocolate coated popcorn topped with Halloween M&Ms, bone, and ghost sprinkles.
- 10 cups popcorn unpopped kernels removed
- 12 ounces dark chocolate, melted and tempered
- OR dark cocoa candy melts, melted
- ½ cup Halloween M&Ms
- 2 tablespoons bone sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons ghost sprinkles
Pour the popcorn into a large mixing bowl.
Then, pour the melted dark chocolate over the popped popcorn and toss to coat.
Spread onto baking pans lined with parchment paper.
Sprinkle on the Halloween candy and bone sprinkles.
Tap the pan on the counter a few times to make sure the candy and sprinkles stick.
Refrigerate for 15 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
Remove and break the popcorn into bite-sized chunks.
Store in an airtight container, preferably a metal popcorn tin for up to 3 weeks.
More Popcorn Recipes
If you like this chocolate popcorn recipe, you might also like these other recipes too.
Peanut Butter Popcorn Speckled with Twix • Chocolate Popcorn Serving Bowl
Chocolate Popcorn Jack-O-Lantern Bowl • Popcorn Skull
Cookies 'n Cream Halloween Popcorn • Popcorn Monsters
Chocolate Popcorn Trees • Salty and Sweet Popcorn Treat