You won't believe how easy it is to make these adorable Cheesy Snowman Snacks using Farm Rich™ Mozzarella Bites. The whole family will love these savory holiday treats.
Ya' know how the kids who made Frosty the Snowmen fell in love with him immediately? Well that's how I felt as soon as I created my first Cheesy Snowman Snack. My heart melted as I saw the
sweet savory snowman smiling up at me.
I make a lot of sweet treats to share with you, but I have to say that creating savory snacks is even more exciting because I love the challenge of finding ways to turn an appetizer into something cute.
One of my favorite, go-to, store-bought snacks, to enjoy any time of day is Farm Rich™ Mozzarella Bites and I've used them to make fun food crafts before. As I was popping one of cheese filled puffs in my mouth the other day I couldn't help but notice it's billowy round shape would be perfect for building a snowman.
When I stacked three of the mozzarella cheese filled pizza crusts together they formed the perfect snowman.
Now I needed to figure out how to decorate them. At first I tried "gluing" small olive circles and tiny carrot noses onto the Mozzarella Bites using cream cheese. They looked so cute, but it was a lot of work, so I opted for something much easier.
I simply drew on the snowman faces and buttons using food coloring markers.
I drew right onto the frozen Mozzarella Bites but found that my marker was drying out and getting clogged a bit, so I dipped the tip of my markers into liquid food coloring before adding each detail. It worked like a charm.
That is one of my favorite tips when working with food markers. The pens often dry out as you are trying to write with them. By dipping them in food coloring you wet the tip again so you can keep drawing. You could use a paint brush to do this job, if you prefer, but I like the solid tip of the marker. I feel like I have more control.
To make these cute Christmas snacks all you have to do is draw the details onto the Mozzarella Bites then pop them in the oven until hot, skewer three of them together and serve with some pizza sauce.
Watch the video to see just how quickly these Cheesy Snowman Snacks come together.
- Be sure to pour a few drops of liquid black food coloring into a small bowl and a few drops of orange into another. Dip the tip of your black or orange food coloring marker into the liquid to re-wet it before drawing. Wipe the markers off using a paper towel to remove any crumbs as needed. Be sure to wipe off the markers before storing.
- You can find Farm Rich Mozzarella Bites in the freezer section of your grocery store. I find them at Kroger, Walmart and Meijer.
- Decorate them while frozen then bake them whole. Skewer them after the come out of the oven. so that the gooey mozzarella cheese does not ooze out as the Mozzarella Bites bake.
This is NOT a sponsored post, although I have worked with Farm Rich in the past on other sponsored posts, I just love these Mozzarella Bites and was so excited to share this fun food craft idea with you.
If you are looking for more festive food ideas for Christmas, be sure to check out all of my Christmas Recipes. Choose from over 100 sweet and savory recipes.
Have fun making your family these Cheesy Snowman Snacks for Christmas.
- Mini Basketball Cheeseburgers - February 15, 2023
- Snowman Popcorn Bucket - December 24, 2022
- Peanut Butter Popcorn - December 20, 2022
I don't like the cold, but I definitely want to build a snowman...YUM!
I totally understand that!