Looking for some delicious appetizers to make for your basketball game parties? These Blackened Turkey Basketball Sliders are the perfect size and are an amazing snack all your guests will be dying to eat!
This post is sponsored by Boar’s Head Brand® for SocialSpark.
Hungry Happenings' Boar's Head Blackened Turkey Basketball Sliders
It's a Keeper's Kickin Chicken Panini
Tournament Game - Wednesday, March 5, 2014
My Blackened Turkey Basketball Sliders will be going head to head with some Kicken Chicken Paninis on March 5th in the first round of this year's Boar’s Head® Boldest Bracket Challenge. You can help by voting my sandwich to victory is this four round championship, and by doing so you can earn chances to win these great prizes:
- Round 1: (8) Boar’s Head Bold t-shirts
- Round 2: (4) $50 gift card to purchase Boar’s Head Bold products
- Round 3: (2) $100 gift card to purchase Boar’s Head Bold products
- FINAL: iPad Air to stream all the games & access Boar’s Head Bold recipes (includes custom Boar’s Head case and $500 gift card) to cater your game-watching party with Boar’s Head products
If you vote for the winning sandwich in a round, you will be eligible to win one of these prizes throughout the tournament. I will win bragging rights, that my sandwich is a champion.
Here's how the tournament will play out.
Sixteen sandwiches will compete in four rounds to determine the Grand Champion. Each day during the competition you can visit the Boar’s Head® Boldest Bracket Challenge and vote.
I'll remind everyone to vote for my sandwich on March 5th and hopefully again as the tournament progresses and my sandwich moves on in the competition.
I am hopeful that my sandwich becomes the champion, but more importantly, I hope some of my readers win some great prizes.
When I was given the opportunity to create a sandwich using the Boar's Head Bold line of products, I jumped at the chance. I love their products and they are in my shopping cart every week. It was tough to choose from the complete line of bold products that include meats, cheeses, and sauces that are chipotle, cajon, habanero, jerk, 3 pepper, and horseradish flavored.
I knew I needed some superstars to play on my team and chose Boar’s Head Brand Blackened Turkey Breast and Boar’s Head Brand Fiery Chipotle Gourmaise®.
To give my sandwich team the competitive edge, I didn't serve them on ordinary bread. I made a bold choice to use basketball buns.
They were so easy to make using frozen dinner rolls. I just allowed them to thaw and rise before spraying them with orange food coloring spray. Then I painted on the basketball details using liquid black food coloring.
Once the little rolls were baked, they really looked like basketballs and I knew I had something special.
Of course any good championship team needs good balance, so I chose to use some Boar’s Head Brand Boar's Head Provolone Cheese along with some sweet roasted red peppers and caramelized onions.
I think I created a winning combination. I hope you think so too and will show me some love by voting.
Boar's Head Blackened Turkey Basketball Sliders
Prep Time: 35 minutes
- 12 small frozen dinner rolls
- orange food coloring spray
- liquid black food coloring
- 12 slices Boar’s Head Brand Blackened Turkey Breast
- 12 slices Boar’s Head Brand Boar's Head Provolone Cheese
- 1 cup caramelized onions
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, julienned
- ¼ cup Boar’s Head Brand Fiery Chipotle Gourmaise®
- Line baking sheet with non-stick tin foil or spray with non-stick spray. Set rolls 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Spray one piece of plastic wrap with non-stick spray and set over frozen rolls. Allow to sit at room temperature until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove plastic wrap and spray rolls with orange food coloring. Use a fine tip paint brush (new or food use only) to paint basketball lines on each roll using black food coloring.
- Bake rolls for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut open dinner rolls and place both halves cut side up on baking sheet. On bottom half arrange one slice of Blackened Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, one slice of Provolone cheese, and heaping tablespoon of both caramelized onions and roasted red peppers.
- Heat sliders in a 350 degree F oven until cheese melts. Smear Fiery Chipotle Gourmaise on the top side of dinner roll and set on top of sandwich. Serve hot.
Thanks for voting!
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Boar’s Head Brand® for SocialSpark.
All opinions are 100% mine.
- Mini Basketball Cheeseburgers - February 15, 2023
- Snowman Popcorn Bucket - December 24, 2022
- Peanut Butter Popcorn - December 20, 2022
I made these rolls with turkey/provolone and turkey/cheddar this weekend for my son’s 1st birthday and they were such a hit! Thank you so much for the idea!
I'm so happy to hear the sandwiches were a hit!!!
This is so awesome! Great job being creative. I love it! I'll remember this next time I need a basketball themed food. 🙂
These are so cute! My house full of boys would love them! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Rach @ EazyPeazyMealz
These are darling. My son (big Basketball fan) would go crazy for these! Thanks for sharing. They are so fun.
Best Basketball Sandwiches I've seen!
Danielle @ Stickelberry
OMG these are so great! I have some nephews that are ALL about basketball right now - they would love these! They look quite tasty too 🙂 Visiting from the Moonlight & Mason Jars linky!
I'm sure if you made these basketball buns for your nephews they would get a kick out them.
You have done it again. These little basketball sliders are perfect for March Madness. Way to go an good luck ! 🙂
Thanks, Jessie. My sandwich sadly, didn't win. Oh, well there's always another game!
Oh my goodness these are so much fun.
it's a 3pointer SCORE for the best basketball sandwich ever! :>D
Thanks, Lisa. I'm pretty sure it's the only way I'd ever make a 3 pointer. Being tall doesn't always translate into being a good basketball player!
I love these basketball-bun sandwiches! Leave it to you to turn a delicious sandwich into something fun. They're perfect for March Madness!
Thanks, Aida. The basketball buns were so easy to make.
Shelley @ Two Healthy Kitchens
These are outrageously awesome! Yes - the flavors sound sensational, but it's the darling buns that will clinch you the win, for sure! 😀 So stinkin' cute! I just love them!
Thanks Shelley, it would be fun to win. I hope you have a chance to vote tomorrow!
Beth, these look delicious and I too love Boar's head meats. Wasn't sure if you noticed or if anyone else pointed it out but in your picture with your description you spelled "backened" instead of blackened. Not trying to be petty or picky, just thought you would want to know that 🙂
Best of luck in this competition. They surely look like a winner to me!
Thanks so much Kathy.
Ooops, nothing like having a typo in a pinnable image! Thanks for pointing it out, no one else had. I appreciate you catching that mistake.