Looking for some delicious appetizers to make for your basketball game parties? These Blackened Turkey Basketball Sliders are the perfect size and are an amazing snack all your guests will be dying to eat!
Hungry Happenings’ Boar’s Head Blackened Turkey Basketball Sliders
It’s a Keeper’s Kickin Chicken Panini
Tournament Game – Wednesday, March 5, 2014
My Blackened Turkey Basketball Sliders will be going head to head with some Kicken Chicken Paninis on March 5th in the first round of this year’s Boar’s Head® Boldest Bracket Challenge. You can help by voting my sandwich to victory is this four round championship, and by doing so you can earn chances to win these great prizes:
- Round 1: (8) Boar’s Head Bold t-shirts
- Round 2: (4) $50 gift card to purchase Boar’s Head Bold products
- Round 3: (2) $100 gift card to purchase Boar’s Head Bold products
- FINAL: iPad Air to stream all the games & access Boar’s Head Bold recipes (includes custom Boar’s Head case and $500 gift card) to cater your game-watching party with Boar’s Head products
If you vote for the winning sandwich in a round, you will be eligible to win one of these prizes throughout the tournament. I will win bragging rights, that my sandwich is a champion.
Here’s how the tournament will play out.
Sixteen sandwiches will compete in four rounds to determine the Grand Champion. Each day during the competition you can visit the Boar’s Head® Boldest Bracket Challenge and vote.
I’ll remind everyone to vote for my sandwich on March 5th and hopefully again as the tournament progresses and my sandwich moves on in the competition.
I am hopeful that my sandwich becomes the champion, but more importantly, I hope some of my readers win some great prizes.
When I was given the opportunity to create a sandwich using the Boar’s Head Bold line of products, I jumped at the chance. I love their products and they are in my shopping cart every week. It was tough to choose from the complete line of bold products that include meats, cheeses, and sauces that are chipotle, cajon, habanero, jerk, 3 pepper, and horseradish flavored.
I knew I needed some superstars to play on my team and chose Boar’s Head Brand Blackened Turkey Breast and Boar’s Head Brand Fiery Chipotle Gourmaise®.
To give my sandwich team the competitive edge, I didn’t serve them on ordinary bread. I made a bold choice to use basketball buns.
They were so easy to make using frozen dinner rolls. I just allowed them to thaw and rise before spraying them with orange food coloring spray. Then I painted on the basketball details using liquid black food coloring.
Once the little rolls were baked, they really looked like basketballs and I knew I had something special.
Of course any good championship team needs good balance, so I chose to use some Boar’s Head Brand Boar’s Head Provolone Cheese along with some sweet roasted red peppers and caramelized onions.
I think I created a winning combination. I hope you think so too and will show me some love by voting.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
- 12 small frozen dinner rolls
- orange food coloring spray
- liquid black food coloring
- 12 slices Boar’s Head Brand Blackened Turkey Breast
- 12 slices Boar’s Head Brand Boar’s Head Provolone Cheese
- 1 cup caramelized onions
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, julienned
- ¼ cup Boar’s Head Brand Fiery Chipotle Gourmaise®
- Line baking sheet with non-stick tin foil or spray with non-stick spray. Set rolls 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Spray one piece of plastic wrap with non-stick spray and set over frozen rolls. Allow to sit at room temperature until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove plastic wrap and spray rolls with orange food coloring. Use a fine tip paint brush (new or food use only) to paint basketball lines on each roll using black food coloring.
- Bake rolls for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut open dinner rolls and place both halves cut side up on baking sheet. On bottom half arrange one slice of Blackened Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, one slice of Provolone cheese, and heaping tablespoon of both caramelized onions and roasted red peppers.
- Heat sliders in a 350 degree F oven until cheese melts. Smear Fiery Chipotle Gourmaise on the top side of dinner roll and set on top of sandwich. Serve hot.
Thanks for voting!
All opinions are 100% mine.