The unique and delicious taste of Hellmann’s® Mayo inspired the creation of this Donut BLT Egg Salad Strangewich served on a fried biscuit donut and I hope to inspire you to have some fun in the kitchen creating your own unusual sandwich to enter into The Next Big Strangewich Challenge.
You’ll never serve egg salad on white bread again once you try this Donut BLT Egg Salad Strangewich. This unusual sandwich is even better than it looks and it looks pretty amazing. Don’t you think?
I know when you think of a donut, you imagine an ultra sweet puff of fried dough, but the donuts used to make these sandwiches are simply fried biscuits. They do have a slight sweetness to them, as any biscuits do, but biting into one is not like eating a glazed donut.
The exterior has a nice delicate crunch and the center is light and fluffy. It has the perfect texture to be sandwiched around a creamy egg salad that is tossed with tomatoes and bacon set on a leaf of lettuce.
There’s no reason everyday meals should be dull. You know how much I love making my food fun and today I’m going to show you how I transformed an ordinary egg salad sandwich into an over-the-top, out-of-this-world Strangewich.
If you are asking, “what in the heck is a Strangewich?” It is exactly what you think it is. It’s an unusual sandwich that is topped with a strange blend of ingredients or is served on something unexpected. The only requirement when making a Strangewich is that you add a dollop, a smear, or a spoonful of creamy Hellmann’s Mayo.
I bet in your lifetime you’ve created a Strangewich. You may even eat one every day.
Do you think you have the most unique sandwich idea on the planet? If yes, then you are ready. If not, then grab your family, head to Walmart to gather your unusual ingredients and get into the kitchen to have some fun creating your most outlandish sandwich ever.
Once you put together the most outrageous concoction you can dream up, snap some pictures so you can enter The Next Big Strangewich Challenge for your chance to win the Grand Prize, a VIP race experience with Dale Jr.!
One lucky grand prize winner will get all of this:
· VIP NASCAR Experience for family of 4 – Charlotte, NC 6&7: $7,125
· Meet & Greet with Dale Earnhardt Jr.
· Exclusive tour of Dale Jr.’s race shop (JRM)
· (4) VIP credentials for Xfinity race: N/A
· (4) Tickets to Xfinity race & Monster Energy Cup Race: $600
· (3) Nights hotel: $525
· (4) Airfare to Charlotte, NC: $3,000
· Visa Gift Card for incidentals: $500
· Bulldog Chaperone fee: $2,500
Plus, 5 other winners will each receive a $500 Walmart Gift Card!
Are your creative juices flowing yet?
When I was faced with this challenge, I spent an afternoon playing around with some really crazy ideas then I had some friends help me decide which Strangewich was the best at this Donut BLT Egg Salad Sandwich was the winner.
Now that I’ve snapped some pictures of my Strangewich I can simply upload my image on Twitter using hashtags #StrangewichChallenge #Sweepstakes or I can submit my entry by clicking on this link, http://bit.ly/2lbFjna, and following the instructions to enter.
Now let me show you how I made my winning Strangewich.
- 1/3 cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 8 large or extra large hard boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup bacon crumbles
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 48 ounces vegetable or canola oil
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough (8 biscuits)
- optional, Parmesan Cheese
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Stir together the Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise with the garlic powder, mustard powder, white vinegar, and salt.
- Toss with the eggs, bacon, and tomatoes.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Pour oil into a 3 quart saucepan.
- Set the pot on the stove over medium high heat.
- Allow oil to come to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a small hole out of the center of each biscuit using a 1 inch round cutter.
- Gently lower 2 biscuits into the saucepan and fry, flipping them over as needed, until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oil and set on paper towels to allow excess oil to drain off.
- If using, sprinkle the donuts with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Allow donuts to cool before assembling sandwiches.
- Cut open the donuts and set a leaf of lettuce on the bottom half of each.
- Equally divide the egg salad among the bottom donut halves then place the other half on top.
- Serve and enjoy.
- If you like your sandwiches a little more savory, sprinkle some sea salt over the donut as soon as it comes out of the hot oil.
- To make this recipe even more over the top, add some diced avocado or freshly shredded cheese.
- You will have 8 small rounds of dough left over. Fry them then roll them in cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar and enjoy them as a sweet ending to your meal.
This post was sponsored by Mirum Shopper. I was compensated for sharing this recipe and sweepstakes opportunity with you but all the opinions expressed here are my own. See my Disclosure Statement for full details.
I hope you and your family take the challenge to create your own Strangewich. I wish you all the best of luck and hope one of you is crowned the grand prize winner!
I’d love to hear the unique idea you come up with for your Strangewich.