Transform plain white chocolate bark quickly and easily into Mickey and Minnie Mouse Chocolate Bark by adding chocolate chips and dark chocolate wafers. Be sure to add a pop of color by tossing on lots of sprinkles too.
Don’t you just love how easy it is to create Mickey or Minnie Mouse out of food?
One large round chocolate, cookie, cake pop, or snack cake topped with two smaller round ears, are all you need to create these cute characters.
On our recent trip to Walt Disney World Resort, I was so inspired by all of the amazing treats being created in the shops, that I just had to make some of my own.
If you’ve never made chocolate bark before, it’s almost as easy as spreading peanut butter on a piece of bread.
It’s one of my favorite styles of chocolate to make, being it is so quick and easy.
To transform plain chocolate bark into Mickey Mouse Chocolate bark, you just need some chocolate wafers and chocolate chips along with some sprinkles.
You can use pure chocolate callets (wafers) or confectionery coating wafers (candy melts.) Either will work fine.
Mickey’s ears will look best if you use large chocolate chips which are slightly larger than traditional chocolate chips. I used Kroger Private Selection semi sweet chocolate chips. They are the perfect size. I think Ghirardelli also has some larger chocolate chips, too.
Before you begin, lay out the chocolate wafers and chips to create as many Mickey’s as you want on your tray of bark. I got 15 on my tray.
Melt and temper 12 ounces of pure white chocolate or simply melt white confectionery coating and spread it onto a parchment lined baking sheet. See my Chocolate Making Tips page for detailed instructions.
Working very quickly, set two chocolate chip ears next to one chocolate wafer to create a Mickey Mouse. Arrange them all over the white chocolate. I suggest you start adding the chocolate Mickey’s around the edges first as that chocolate will set faster than the center.
Then toss on the sprinkles.
Once your bark is topped, set it in the refrigerator for 2-5 minutes, until the white chocolate begins to set. Remove it just after the center begins to dry then cut it into pieces. Return the chocolate to the refrigerator for 5 more minutes to set firmly.
Use some melted chocolate to attach two small heart sprinkles, pointed sides facing each other in the shape of a bow, on each chocolate Minnie Mouse.
Make one or both of these fun chocolate barks and package them in boxes or tins to give as gifts or arrange on a platter to serve at a Mickey and Minnie Mouse themed party.
- 12 ounces white chocolate or white confectionery coating
- 15 dark chocolate wafers
- 30 large dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon assorted sprinkles
- Melt and temper pure white chocolate or melt white confectionery coating. See the Chocolate Making Tips page at HungryHappenings.com for detailed instructions.
- Spread the white chocolate out onto a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Immediately set the dark chocolate wafers all around the white chocolate.
- Add two chocolate chip ears next to each chocolate wafer.
- Toss on sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for 2-5 minutes until the white chocolate begins to set.
- Remove and cut into pieces.
- Refrigerate for 5 more minutes until the white chocolate hardens.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months.