These adorable little White Chocolate Pretzel Puppies packaged in bags with printable Valentine Tags that say “I Woof You” or “You’re Pawsome” are so sweet that kids off all ages will fall in love with them.
White Chocolate Pretzel Puppies
I’ve been having such a great time designing a series of chocolate dipped pretzels that are decorated like animals and I couldn’t wait to share these Pretzel Puppies with you.
How sweet are they with their little freckles and heart shaped ears?
They look so cute packaged with mini pretzel twists in a clear bag and topped with the “I Woof You” and “You’re Pawsome” Valentine cards.
If your kids are allowed to pass out homemade treats for Valentine’s Day to their class, their girl scout or boy scout troops, their Sunday school class, or their sports team, they will have so much fun helping to make these sweet treats.
If you have young kids you might want to dip the pretzels then let them attach the candy decorations. Older kids may be able to dip and decorate the pretzels all on their own.
Each white chocolate dipped mini pretzel twist can be decorated with a red tongue (a piece broken off of a Jumbo red heart sprinkle) and a brown candy nose (use either a Sixlet, Reese’s Pieces, or M&M). Then red heart ears, candy eyes, and milk chocolate spots can be added.
Once the pretzel puppies are all decorated you can simply put them on a plate and serve them as a fun Valentine’s Day dessert or you can package them in clear bags with a few more pretzels. The white chocolate dipped pretzel really pops against the plain mini pretzel twists. Plus this means you only need to make one pretzel puppy per bag.
Top the bag with these cute Valentine’s Day Printables. Click the image below to print out pages of these “I Woof You” and “You’re Pawsome” tags then cut out around them and attach them to the tops of the bags using double stick tape.
Watch this video tutorial to see how to create these cute White Chocolate Pretzel Puppies…
You can find supplies needed to make these cute Valentine’s Day desserts on amazon (commission earned for sales).
- 60 Jumbo Red Heart Sprinkles
- 6 ounces melted and tempered pure white chocolate or melted white confectionery coating (Candy Melts)
- 24 mini pretzel twists
- 24 brown candies (Sixlets, Reese's Pieces or M&M's)
- 1 ounce melted and tempered pure milk chocolate or melted light cocoa Candy Melts
- 48 candy eyes
- Break both curved parts off of 12 of the heart sprinkles creating 24 little red tongues.
- Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of white chocolate onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Dip one mini pretzel twist in white chocolate then remove and allow excess to drip off.
- Set over top of the spoonful of white chocolate.
- Immediately press one red tongue and 1 brown candy nose onto the bottom edge of the pretzel.
- Chill in the refrigerator if using pure chocolate and in the freezer if using Candy Melts until hardened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Repeat creating a total of 24 white chocolate dipped pretzels.
- Paint on a spot of milk chocolate above and to one side of the candy nose.
- Immediately press one candy eye over the chocolate spot.
- Attach the other candy eye using a small amount of milk chocolate.
- Paint on some tiny freckles next to the candy nose.
- Let the chocolate harden completely before packaging them.
Have fun making these white chocolate covered Pretzel Puppies for Valentine’s Day. If you make them and share them online be sure to link back to this post, mention HungryHappenings and use #hungryhappenings.