Make your Valentine’s Day magical by giving your friends and family these sweet Pretzel Unicorns. Each white chocolate dipped pretzel twist is decorated with a modeling chocolate unicorn horn and rainbow heart sprinkles and is packaged in a bag with a printable topper.
I am so excited to share a series of chocolate dipped pretzels for Valentine’s Day with you starting with these adorable Pretzel Unicorns. I created about a dozen different designs and will pick the very best of them to share with you. These were one of my favorites.
Each of these sweet candy coated pretzels will be decorated using sprinkles, candies, and modeling chocolate and will be packaged in a clear bag and topped with a printable bag topper.
These Pretzel Unicorns are so magical that they will make anyone’s Valentine’s Day extra special.
Each of these unicorn pretzels has pink and white heart sprinkle ears, a rainbow heart mane, and a shimmering gold modeling chocolate horn.
I like to use modeling chocolate (candy clay) to decorate my sweet treats because it looks like fondant, firms up quickly, and tastes like chocolate. To make modeling chocolate you need two ingredients, chocolate or confectionery coating/candy melts and corn syrup. You can find the modeling chocolate (candy clay) recipe using this link. If you enjoy working with it, you might also be interested in my book, Candy Clay Creations, that has an even more in depth look at working with modeling chocolate.
The modeling chocolate unicorn horn is dusted with edible gold luster dust to make it really shimmer and the eyes and nostrils are drawn on the white chocolate dipped pretzel using a black food coloring marker.
Once all the decorations are added to these unicorn pretzels they can be packaged in clear cellophane bags with a few more pretzels and topped with a “Have a Magical Valentine’s Day” printable topper.
You can click on the image below and to download the sheet of “Have a Magical Valentine’s Day” printable bag toppers. Print them out and cut around each rectangle then tape them onto the bags using double stick tape.
As I’m writing this post and looking at these cute unicorn pretzels I’m realizing they would also make great treats for a birthday party or even a baby shower. You could create your own bag topper for any occasion.
Watch this video to see how these Pretzel Unicorns are made…
NOTES for making Pretzel Unicorns:
- You can dip your pretzels in melted and tempered pure white chocolate or use melted White Candy Melts (confectionery coating) like I did in the video. Either works fine. I actually like the vibrant white of the Bright White Candy Melts. A pure white chocolate will be a bit more yellow in color. You can find detailed instructions on selecting and working with the various types of chocolates and confectionery coatings on my Chocolate Making Tips Page.
- Find the recipe for modeling chocolate – here.
- Be sure to use FDA approved edible gold luster dust to add shimmer to your modeling chocolate unicorn horns.
- Check out my tips for getting your Food Coloring Markers to work well.
- Let the pretzels dry for at least 30 minutes before packaging them.
You can find items needed to create these Pretzel Unicorns on amazon. Commission earned for all affiliate sales.
- mini pretzel twists
- pure white chocolate or Bright White Candy Melts
- jumbo heart sprinkles
- rainbow heart sprinkles (including white hearts)
- black food coloring marker
- food grade edible gold luster dust
- 3″ x 4″ clear cello bags
- 1 ounces white modeling chocolate
- edible gold luster dust
- 48 Jumbo Pink Heart sprinkles
- 48 white heart sprinkles
- 6 ounces melted and tempered pure white chocolate or white candy melts (confectionery coating)
- 24 mini pretzel twists
- 120 mini rainbow heart sprinkles
- black food coloring marker
- Pinch off pieces of the white modeling chocolate and roll into a thin rope.
- Cut off 1/2 inch pieces and roll into a cone.
- Twist two of those small pieces together to form a unicorn horn.
- Brush with edible gold luster dust.
- Set aside to dry for 20 minutes.
- Attach one small white heart to one jumbo pink heart using white chocolate.
- Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of white chocolate onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Dip one mini pretzel twist in white chocolate then remove and allow excess to drip off.
- Set over top of the spoonful of white chocolate.
- Immediately press one unicorn horn in between the two rounded parts of the pretzel.
- Attach two pink heart ears on either side of the horn.
- Sprinkle 5 rainbow heart sprinkles on the pretzel in between the ears.
- Chill in the refrigerator if using pure white chocolate and in the freezer is using Candy Melts for 3-4 minutes until hardened.
- Repeat dipping and decorating a total of 24 pretzels.
Have a magical time making these Unicorn Pretzels. If you do make them and share them online be sure to mention Hungry Happenings, link back to this blog post, and use the #hungryhappenings on social media.
Hungry Happenings has created some festive recipes for any occasion that any girl or boy will love.