Rainbow colored Peeps Popcorn Balls are simple to make using 3 ingredients and will brighten up your dessert table or basket this Easter and make great party favors for rainbow themed birthday parties.
How much do you love the bright color combination in these popcorn balls?
You will love how simple they are to make too!
Just grab a variety of colored marshmallow Peeps, melt them with some butter, stir in popcorn, and have fun creating a bunch of multi-colored popcorn balls. It’s as easy as that.
The popcorn balls taste just like they were made using traditional marshmallows so even if you aren’t a fan of eating Peeps directly from their package, you’ll love these marshmallow popcorn balls if you enjoy rice krispies treats or popcorn balls.
The colorful sugar coating on the Peeps adds just a bit more sweetness to the popcorn balls and adds all the vibrant color to them as well. You don’t need to add any food coloring.
Watch this VIDEO TUTORIAL to see how easy they are to make.
- If you plan to make these at a time of year when Peeps are not on store shelves, then you can swap out traditional marshmallows for the Peeps and use food coloring to color the popcorn balls or sprinkle in some colored sugar if you’d like the added sweetness.
- Butter your hands when forming the balls so the popcorn won’t stick.
- Allow the marshmallow coated popcorn to cool slightly before handling, but don’t get too distracted while waiting and allow the popcorn to sit for a long time or the popcorn may harden too much and make it difficult to make your Peeps Popcorn Balls.
- For EACH Color Popcorn:
- 3 ounces Peeps in one color (8 chicks or 10 bunnies)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups popcorn
- Remove eyes from the Peeps.
- Combine 3 ounces of one color Peeps in a large mixing bowl with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Heat on high in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove and stir.
- Heat for another 30-60 seconds, until melted.
- Remove and stir.
- Pour in 3 cups of popcorn and stir until evenly coated.
- Repeat, creating several bowls with different colored popcorn.
- Allow the popcorn to cool for a minute or two then pinch off pieces of each color and press together.
- Roll into a ball.
- Repeat, creating a total of 12 baseball size popcorn balls.
If you love popcorn, you might like these other fun popcorn recipes.
Cookies ‘n Cream Popcorn • Disney’s Frozen Popcorn
Peanut Butter Twix Popcorn • Beach Party Popcorn
Edible Popcorn Bowl • Salty & Sweet Popcorn
Under the Sea Popcorn • Chocolate Jack-O-Lantern Popcorn Bowl
If you recreate these Multi-Colored Peeps Popcorn Balls
be sure to link to this tutorial and send a picture to email@example.com,
so I can share it in my Readers’ Gallery.
If this Easter Recipe interests you, then you should go and check out all these other delicious ideas.