Grab a box of the new Post® NUTTER BUTTER® Cereal to make these chocolate ganache drizzled Nutter Butter Cereal Bars. You can have an entire pan of these peanut buttery marshmallow cereal treats made in about 10 minutes.
Have you ever found a new product at the grocery store and were so excited to try it that you opened the package in the parking lot or perhaps even in the store? Yesterday, I did just that. I put my grocery bags in my car, grabbed the box of Post® NUTTER BUTTER® Cereal that I happily found on an end cap at Walmart and was eating handfuls even before I started the ignition.
I was in sugar cereal heaven. Now I'm a big fan of the likes of Cap 'n Crunch and Fruity Pebbles if that tells you anything. I grew up eating these sweet treats for breakfast and have to admit it was a hard habit to give up as an adult.
I don't indulge in sugary breakfast cereal very often anymore but have to admit that I instantly fell in love with the new peanut-shaped cereal coated in real peanut butter and dreamed for a moment of being a kid and enjoying them every day.
This cereal is great right out of the box or in a bowl with some milk, but as soon as I tasted the first peanut buttery morsel, I knew these crunchy little delights were destined to become Nutter Butter Cereal Bars.
Just like any other cereal bar, these treats take minutes to make and are a perfect snack or dessert for just about any occasion.
Watch the video to see how to make these Nutter Butter Cereal Bars...
So easy, right?
How to make Nutter Butter Cereal Bars
- Stir Nutter Butter Cereal into melted marshmallows and butter to make a pan of the cereal treats.
- Then to add even more tasty goodness to the cereal treats, drizzle them with chocolate ganache.
- If you want another layer of Nutter Butter flavor, sprinkle on some Nutter Butter Cookie pieces.
- Just note that the cookies will lose their crunch fairly quickly so I recommend making the cookie topped bars the day you'll eat them. If you plan to keep the bars for several days, you may just want to skip adding the cookie pieces.
It's so much fun trying new cereal flavors when making marshmallow cereal treats. I noticed some Vanilla Wafer Cookie cereal that I just might have to try next.
You can find the supplies needed to make these Nutter Butter Cereal Bars from amazon (commission earned for sales).
Treat bars of peanut shaped peanut butter coated cereal blended with marshmallows are drizzled with chocolate ganache and sprinkled with Nutter Butter Cookie pieces.
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups Nutter Butter Cereal
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 Nutter Butter Cookies, broken into small pieces
Combine the marshmallows and butter in an extra-large mixing bowl.
Heat in the microwave on high heat for 1 ½ - 2 minutes, stirring after one minute, until melted.
Pour in the Nutter Butter Cereal and stir to combine.
Spread in a non-stick tin foil-lined or well-buttered 9X13 inch baking pan.
Combine the chocolate and heavy whipping cream.
Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds then let sit for 3 minutes.
Remove from microwave and stir until melted and smooth.
Drizzle over Nutter Butter Cereal bars and sprinkle on the Nutter Butter Cookie pieces.
Set aside for at least an hour until the bars firm up and the chocolate sets.
Cut into 24 bars.
- These are best served the day they are made, as the cereal and cookies will be nice and crisp, but will keep if stored in an airtight container or zip-top bag for up to a week.
- If you do not have a microwave, you can melt the marshmallows and butter in a saucepan on the stove-top set over medium-low heat. Stir often until it's melted then stir in the cereal.
- To make the ganache on the stove-top, heat the cream in a small saucepan set over medium heat until bubbles just begin to form around the edge of the pan. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes before stirring until smooth.
- Homemade Chocolate Easter Bunnies - April 3, 2023
- Mini Basketball Cheeseburgers - February 15, 2023
- Snowman Popcorn Bucket - December 24, 2022
I just bought a box today and its AMAZAZING!!!!!! I'm going to make Cereal Bars without the Chocolate and add more marshmallow or marshmallow fluff on top to make FlufferNutter Butter Bars!!!!!
I'd love to hear how your FlufferNutter Butter Bars turn out. Sounds yummy!!!!
Beth, I made these Nutty Butter Cereal bars today with a few changes to your recipe and they came out fantastic!
I liked the cereal out of the box but did not feel they had enough of a powerful peanut butter taste for bars.
I added crunchy peanut butter to the mixture and some Fruity Pebbles (for sweetness) and they were delicious!! Any super sweet cereal would work; I only had Fruity Pebbles on hand. They only contributed sweetness, no discerning flavor.
I used a 3" high 9" x 13" pan and got super thick bars!
19 oz. Box of Nutty Butter Cereal
2 Cups Fruity Pebbles
1 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
24 oz. Marshmallows
1/2 C Butter
1. Spray pan, bowl & spatula with Pam.
2. Melt butter in microwave.
3. Stir in Marshmallows to coat, and microwave until melted.
4. Gradually add cereal, alternating the two kinds and mix in well.
5. Heat mixture in micro oven to facilitate mixing.
6. Drop Kitchen Tablespoons of Peanut Butter into cereal mixture & mix in.
7. Heat mixture in micro oven to facilitate mixing, but DO NOT get too hot or peanut butter will melt.
8. Pour into prepared pan, wet hands and push mixture into corners and level off.
9. Chill in freezer until set, 15 - 20 minutes.
10. Cut into bars. Refrigerate or freeze.
These are GREAT frozen!
Wow, those bar sound great!!! I love the addition of the Fruity Pebbles and peanut butter. I think it's great that you made such a large batch too. So many bars to enjoy!
I have one word...YES! Please!
It's definitely the right word!!!
This is a great idea--love it! I don't think my kiddos would eat this particular cereal as cereal, but in a cereal bar, it would be a hit.
The cereal does make really yummy cereal treats!!!