This post brought to you by Campbell Soup Company. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Hungry Happenings.
Scare up some fun this Halloween by serving some eerie Cheesy Broccoli and Chicken Stuffed Skulls. Each pizza crust skull is filled with flavorful cheese sauce mixed with fresh broccoli and chicken and will add some excitement to your Halloween dinner.
Halloween is a busy time of year in my kitchen. My friends gather to help create treats for our party, and in turn I provide them with meals, many of which consist of take out food. The other day when I had a houseful of helpers, I decided to make dinner instead. I wanted it to be festive and fun yet quick and easy.
In less than 20 minutes, the time it would take to drive to a restaurant, I whipped up 8 of these Cheesy Broccoli and Chicken Stuffed Skulls and popped them in the oven.
After they baked to a deep golden brown, we dug in. Everyone thought they looked a bit creepy but really cool on their plate and were amazed by how yummy they tasted considering my lack of time spent in preparation.
To keep this meal quick and easy, I used a new Campbell’s® Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Oven Sauce as the base of my filling. It’s rich and creamy and really flavorful, so all I needed to do was add some fresh broccoli, a bit of chicken and some shredded cheese.
Sounds easy enough, right? Definitely something that can be pulled together before your kids head out to trick or treat. You’ll be happy knowing they filled their bellies with something tasty for dinner, so they wont spend all night reaching into their buckets and indulging in too many sweets.
You will need two skull pans in order to create 8 of these stuffed skulls being only 4 have faces or just bake one batch at a time and reheat them when you are ready to serve dinner. As you line your pans with pizza dough, you will have a lot of excess dough hanging over the edges. Be sure to cut off as much of that dough as you can, pinching together the seams over top of your filling, so you don’t have a thick layer of dough on top.
- 1 pouch Campbell's Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Oven Sauce
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups diced chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tubes refrigerated pizza dough
- egg wash - 1 egg mixed with 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush 8 skull cavities in 2 skull pans with butter or spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Oven Sauce with broccoli, chicken, and cheese. Stir until well combined.
- Unroll tubes of pizza dough.
- Cut dough in half.
- Lay 1 piece of dough over a skull cavity in a pan.
- Continue filling 8 skulls with dough.
- Equally divide the filling among the 8 skulls.
- Fold dough over top of filling, cutting off excess, pinching together the seams.
- Brush egg wash over tops of dough.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes until the top dough is baked through.
I was given product samples and compensated by Campbell’s Soup Company in order to create and share this fun Halloween idea with you. You can find a wonderful variety of Campbell’s new products that make dinner prep super easy including Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork, Tavern Style Pot Roast, and Hawaiian Pork sauces.
The pouch of Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Oven Sauce that I used for this recipe can also just be poured over chicken and broccoli and baked in a dish for a super easy entree. The new sauces can be used to create lots of delicious Campbell recipes. You can follow Campbell’s on Facebook and Instagram @Campbells.