These Chocolate Teddy Bear Cupcakes could not be any cuter. Each one is topped with a peanut butter cup bear and is holding a bright red candy heart. They are perfect for Valentine’s Day.
Teddy bears and Valentine’s Day go together as well as chocolate and peanut butter do, so this sweet treat combo couldn’t be more perfect for this winter holiday.
Adorably cute chocolate peanut butter cup bears adorn the tops of chocolate cupcakes. Each holds a bright red cherry candy heart.
If you have not yet made cupcakes topped with decorated peanut butter cups, now is the time to give them a try.
Just look at that face.
Wouldn’t he just make someone’s heart melt?
I just want to give him a big hug. Of course, that would be a bit messy.
These teddy bear cupcakes are pretty simple to create. You can even use store bought cupcakes to make really quick work of it.
No matter what type of cupcakes you use, just be sure they have a big swirl of chocolate frosting on top.
To make the peanut butter cup bears, you’ll need:
chocolate peanut butter cups
chocolate candy melt wafers
peanut butter candy melt wafers
candy coated peanut butter or chocolate candies
- Melt some chocolate or candy melts.
- Attach one peanut butter candy melt wafer to the front of a peanut butter cup along one edge to create the bear’s snout using melted candy coating, then attach a candy coated chocolate for the nose.
- Attach two candy eyes just above the snout.
- Cut two chocolate candy melt wafers so that they fit up against the peanut butter cup. I used a round cookie cutter that is the same size of the peanut butter cup and cut off a curved piece.
- Attach two ears to each peanut butter cup using melted chocolate.
NOTE: your candy melt wafers might be white from being shaken around in the bag. You can rub the wafers up against the palm of your hand and wipe away the scratches so you get nicely colored wafers to use for this project.
Attach one peanut butter cup bear to the top of a big chocolate frosting swirl.
Add one candy heart just below the bear’s head and place two chocolate malted milk balls on either side of the heart so your bears look like they are holding the candy heart.
I used cherry jube-jel hearts. They are the perfect size and color.
Store your Teddy Bear Cupcakes in an airtight container for up to several days.
You can find items needed to make these adorably cute Valentine’s Day cupcakes from Amazon.com (commission earned for sales)
Puppy Love Cupcakes
Easter Bunny Cupcakes
Chocolate Reindeer Cupcakes
you might like these other recipes too.