I had so much fun making this Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Pie with an EGGO® CHOCO-TOAST™ CHOCOLATEY CHIP crust as part of this shop which has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LeggoMyEggo #cbias #CollectiveBias
If you are looking for a fun twist to a traditional ice cream pie, make your crust using EGGO® CHOCO-TOAST™ CHOCOLATEY CHIP. The mini chocolate chip speckled French toast pieces make such a fun looking and amazing tasting crust for this easy-to-make dessert. If you haven’t tried these frozen breakfast items be sure to check them out at Walmart.
Each package contains 20 bread sized pieces that can be toasted then divided into 4 mini toasts. They have a crispy exterior and soft fluffy interior much like a waffle and when topped with raspberry chocolate chunk ice cream make a decadent dessert.
For a limited time you can earn $1 when you purchase ONE EGGO® CHOCO-TOAST™ Chocolatey Chip or EGGO® CINNA-TOAST™ Cinnamon Roll at Walmart. Click on the coupon offer below.
When I was given the opportunity to create a handcrafted/artisanal dessert using these frozen toasts I had so many fun ideas but finally decided to make this ice cream pie.
My family loves ice cream even when it’s bone chilling cold outside. To them there is never a bad time to eat a frozen dessert.
My mom especially likes making ice cream pies and cakes because they are so quick and easy. She is all about simple recipes and I can’t wait to share this one with her. I know she’ll love it. She’ll also be happy to know that Eggo Waffles now have colors and flavors from natural sources. Kellogg’s® Eggo® Chocolatey Chip Waffles would make a fun crust for this pie too or you can use them to make ice cream sandwiches or sundaes.
For my pie I chose to use my favorite raspberry chocolate chunk ice cream, but any ice cream will work. The pie has a layer of homemade chocolate sauce over the crust, which helps bind the pie together, along with a drizzle on top.
Watch this video to see how easy this is to make.
- I made my pie in an 8 inch springform pan because I wanted to be able to remove the entire pie so you could see the fun little toasts on the edge. I suppose you could also call this an ice cream cake but with a crust I felt it was more of a pie. You can definitely make this in a pie pan instead. If you use a 9 inch pie plate you may need a few more of the EGGO CHOCO-TOASTS to go around the edge and to cover the bottom.
- You want the ice cream soft enough to spread over the crust. The amount of time needed to soften the ice cream will depend on the brand of ice cream you use. Some melt more slowly than others. My carton of ice cream took about 20 minutes to soften.
- I toasted the EGGO CHOCO-TOASTS before creating my pie which gave them that nice toasty flavor and helped them thaw more quickly once refrozen in the pie. They are soft enough to cut through using a fork when eating the pie.
- 5-7 EGGO® CHOCO-TOAST™ CHOCOLATEY CHIP
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped or chips
- 1 (1.5 quart) carton raspberry chocolate chunk ice cream, softened
- garnish with fresh raspberries
- Toast the EGGO® CHOCO-TOAST™ CHOCOLATEY CHIP according to package instructions.
- Divide into mini toasts.
- Arrange toasts around the edge of a springform or pie pan.
- Arrange toasts in the bottom of the pan.
- Cut remaining toasts into small pieces to fill in the bottom crust.
- Make chocolate sauce by combining heavy whipping cream and chocolate in bowl.
- Heat in microwave on high power for 1 minute.
- Let bowl sit in microwave for 3 minutes.
- Remove and stir slowly until melted and smooth.
- Pour half of the chocolate sauce over the crust.
- Reserve the rest to garnish the pie.
- Pop the crust in the freeze for 5 minutes.
- Scoop the softened ice cream over top of the crust and compact it to fill in big gaps between the scoops.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Remove and cut into slices.
- Rewarm the chocolate sauce in the microwave for 10 second bursts of high power, stirring after each until melted, then drizzle over top of slices of pie.
- Serve with fresh raspberries.
Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Pie (cake)
Enjoy making your own Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Pie. Before you leave, check out these other amazing dessert recipes.