Have fun hosting a pajama party for your grown-up girlfriends and serve Chocolate Hazelnut Pound Cake topped with Vanilla Whipped Cream and Fresh Berries along with Caramel French Toast Bake, all made using Dunkin’ Donuts® Coffee Creamer Singles. This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DunkinCreamers #CollectiveBias
If you have a group of girlfriends who are a little bit crazy and a lot of fun, give them an opportunity to relive their childhood by hosting a Grown-Up Pajama Party.
I just did, and it was so much fun.
You can go all out and have everyone actually spend the night or you can just keep it simple and have everyone over to enjoy breakfast for dinner then spend the evening playing truth or dare, painting each other’s nails, watching sappy or scary movies, and laughing until your cheeks hurt.
As you can see, my friends had a great time at the pajama party I hosted for them.
Everyone came dressed in their favorite p.j.’s so they were comfy and cozy all night long.
I had a wonderful spread of food for them to enjoy before we all snuggled up under soft fleece blankets in our basement movie theater.
My food table was festively decorated. I purchased a piece of pink polka dot fleece which worked great as the table cloth.
I had two cardboard cutout beds on the table along with a dolly, a teddy bear, an eye mask, and a loofah. I hung some new slippers at the back of the table and added pink silverware and napkins.
I had bottles for milk and plenty of pretty coffee mugs for all my guests to enjoy some freshly brewed coffee made from Dunkin’ K-Cups®. My guests flavored their coffee using Caramel, Vanilla, and Hazelnut Dunkin’ Donuts® Coffee Creamer Singles which are wonderfully creamy and flavorful.
The Dunkin’ Donuts® coffee creamers not only pair well with coffee, but taste great in recipes too.
I used them to create Chocolate Hazelnut Pound Cake, Vanilla Whipped Cream, and Caramel French Toast Bake for my friends to enjoy.
It was really fun experimenting with the three flavors of creamers in my recipes and I was so happy with the results.
Chocolate Hazelnut Pound Cake Topped with Vanilla Whipped Cream and Fresh Berries
This pound cake is intensely chocolate with a subtle hint of hazelnut flavor. It is incredibly rich so it paired wonderfully with homemade vanilla whipped cream and fresh berries.
My friends really enjoyed this chocolate dessert and I loved that it was really simple to make.
As an added bonus, the deep brown color of the cake slices looked so nice against all the pink polka dots on my tables.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2 1/4 oz Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate finely chopped
- 13 Hazelnut Dunkin' Donuts® Coffee Creamer Singles
- 3 Vanilla Dunkin' Donuts® Coffee Creamer Singles
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup 7 oz granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed 1 3/4 oz light brown sugar
- 5 large eggs at room temperature
Preheat oven to 325 Fahrenheit.
Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with baking spray then wipe out excess.
Whisk the flour and salt together and set aside.
Stir together the cocoa powder and chocolate in a medium microwave safe mixing bowl.
Pour Hazelnut and Vanilla flavored creamers into a microwave safe bowl.
Heat on high power for 45 seconds.
Pour over top of the chocolate and stir until combined.
Heat for 20 seconds on high in the microwave then stir.
Let cool for 5 minutes.
Pour cooled chocolate, softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer or large mixing bowl.
Beat using a paddle attachment for 2-3 minutes until it becomes lighter in color and fluffy.
Continue mixing, adding one egg at a time, until each incorporates into the batter.
Turn the mixer to low and add the flour and salt.
Mix just until combined.
Pour into loaf pan and smooth out the top.
Bake for 55-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove and allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.
Cool completely before serving.
Sweetened Vanilla Whipped Cream
This whipped cream was unanimously the most popular food on my table. All of my party guests wanted the recipe for this whipped cream which is sweetened with powdered sugar and Vanilla Dunkin’ Donuts® Coffee Creamer Singles.
The ladies not only enjoyed it served with the Chocolate Hazelnut Pound Cake, but they also put it on top of their French Toast Bake and even dolloped some in their coffee.
Sweetened whipped cream flavored with Dunkin' Donuts® vanilla coffee creamer.
- 5 Vanilla Dunkin' Donuts® Coffee Creamer Singles
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
Combine vanilla coffee creamer, heavy whipping cream, and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
Beat on medium speed until bubbles form.
Increase speed to high until the cream becomes light and fluffy and holds stiff peaks.
Chill until ready to serve.
Caramel French Toast Bake
This overnight French toast casserole was a big hit as well.
Not only did I flavor it using Dunkin’ Donuts® caramel flavored creamer, but I also topped it with a brown sugar caramel topping. It had an intense caramel flavor throughout, which everyone loved.
I chose to use Challah bread because they had fresh loaves at my local grocery store, but you can use French bread if you prefer. Just be sure to toast the bread so it’s nice and crispy before soaking it overnight in the caramel custard.
- French Toast:
- 1 – 18 oz loaf Challah bread
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 14 Caramel CDunkin’ Donuts® Single Serve Coffee Creamers
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or Vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- [img src=”https://hungryhappenings.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/caramel-french-toast-bake-recipe.jpg” width=”680″ height=”680″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”caramel-french-toast-bake-recipe” alt=”Caramel French Toast Bake – an overnight French toast casserole recipe flavored with and topped with caramel.”]
- Heat your oven to 325F.
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes.
- Arrange the bread in a single layer on 2 wire cooling racks set over rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake until dry and lightly golden,about 25 minutes, rotating pans and bread halfway through.
- Allow the bread to cool completely.
- Grease a 9 by 13 inch baking/casserole dish with butter.
- Pour the bread into the dish.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy whipping cream, caramel creamer, brown sugar, vanilla bean paste, and salt.
- Pour over the bread, tossing bread to coat.
- Cover the dish in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, remove and unwrap.
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- [img src=”https://hungryhappenings.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/caramel-french-toast-casserole-recipe.jpg” width=”680″ height=”340″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”caramel-french-toast-casserole-recipe” alt=”Caramel French Toast Casserole Recipe”]
- Make the topping by mixing the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt together until smooth.
- Sprinkle over top of soaked bread.
- Place the dish on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until puffed and golden brown, 55-65 minutes.
- (Do not skip this step, the casserole can puff up a lot and the custard may ooze up over the sides of your baking dish.)
- If the bread around the edges puffs up a lot and begins to brown too much, cover just the edges with strips of tin foil.
- Cool slightly before serving.
In addition to these recipes, I served eggs, bacon, fruit and lots of coffee.
My guests enjoyed being able to make their own cup of coffee using my Keurig® K-Cup® brewing system and some Dunkin’ K-Cup® packs and loved trying all three flavors of the Dunkin’ Donuts® Coffee Creamer Singles which I found at Walmart. You can also find them at Walmart.com.
At the end of our party, I sent home some of the small cups of creamer with my friends so they could enjoy them at home or at work.
Everyone really liked that these little individual sized creamers didn’t have to be refrigerated and could be taken anywhere.
I liked that I could have the creamers set on my food table hours before my guests arrived. I have to admit that I often forget to set out refrigerated creamers when I have parties. My guests usually just assume I don’t have any creamer so they go without.
My friends all suggested I keep these cups on hand for our next party.
We all had so much fun hanging out at our grown-up pajama party, that I can’t wait to host another one.
Decorating for the event was easy and the food was a hit. Plus I was so comfy all night in my p.j.’s and when my guests all left, I just jumped into bed, happily tired and ready for a good night’s sleep.
Have you ever hosted a Grown-Up Pajama Party? If so, I’d love to hear what you served and what you did at the party in the comments below.
Here are some other recipes that would be fun to serve at your pajama party…