Make these Sprinkles will Fly Patriotic Cupcakes for a spectacular 4th of July dessert! These scrumptious cupcakes are moist, sugary, eye popping, and beautiful!
It’s always such an honor to be asked to participate in a blog party along with incredibly talented bloggers, and I love taking on whatever challenge is thrown my way.
So, when, Carrie from Bella Cupcake Couture and Betsy from Java Cupcake invited me to join in the fun, I jumped at the chance.
To make my cupcake design coordinate with my cupcake wrappers and the blog party theme, I chose my favorite decorating medium, chocolate. In this case, I used white chocolate to pipe swirly cupcake toppers which where sprinkled with red and blue jimmies to give the illusion of flying sprinkles.
These toppers are super easy to create and will add a touch of whimsy to your Fourth of July festivities.
To display my cupcakes, I created a simple display using a plate that just happened to match my cupcake wrapper. I’ll admit, aside from my elaborate Halloween displays, I don’t go overboard when creating a place to serve my treats.
I just grab whatever I can find in my cupboards, and work with it.
The food should be the star of the show, so using plain background paper and a simple plate is enough to show off these festive cupcakes.
Sprinkles will Fly 4th of July Cupcakes
melted and tempered white chocolate or melted white confectionery coating/candy melts*
red sprinkles (jimmies)
blue sprinkles (jimmies)
Bella Cupcake Couture cupcake wrappers (Olivia, Red design)
Squeezeit Mold painter, disposable pastry bag or zip-top bag with small round pastry tip (#3-#6)
parchment paper-lined baking sheet
pastry bag fitted with a large round pastry tip, 2A
*for detailed instructions regarding melting chocolates, read my Chocolate Making Tips page
- Pour melted and tempered white chocolate or melted white confectionery coating/candy melts into the Squeezeit Mold painter, disposable pastry bag or zip-top bag fitted with small round pastry tip (#3-#6.)
- Pipe out swirls, like those pictured above.
- Immediately pour some red and blue sprinkles over the top of the white chocolate swirls.
- Repeat, creating more than enough swirls to top your cupcakes.
- Believe me, some will break as you are working with them.
- Refrigerate for a few minutes, just long enough for the white chocolate to set.
- Wrap your cupcake wrappers around the cupcakes.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
- Sprinkle red and blue jimmies over frosting.
- Place one sprinkle covered swirl in the center of each cupcake.
You can make the cupcake toppers up to a month before your party, then the day of the party, add them to the tops of your frosted cupcakes.
Items used to create this project that are available on Amazon.com (commission earned for sales)
If you’re looking for other 4th of July Recipes, click the link and explore all my other Independence Day inspired food.