This Easter brighten up your Easter baskets by adding some Rainbow Peeps Cereal Treats. Each bunny shaped Fruity Pebbles Marshmallow Treat is drizzled with a rainbow of colorful Candy Melts to match the stuffed Rainbow Peeps.
Have you seen the adorable Rainbow Peeps stuffed toys yet?
My sister knows how much I love Peeps and she presented me one for my birthday. I was sitting in a nice restaurant and I squealed! Seriously loud enough for the people around us to hear. I got a few glances, but I didn’t care because I was too busy admiring the brightly colored stuffed Peep.
It’s shaped just like a Peeps bunny but instead of being just one color, it has a rainbow of colors in a zebra like pattern. It is so incredibly cute.
My friend and her kids were over last week filming a Facebook live and when we were finished she noticed the Rainbow Peeps plush toy sitting on my counter. She suggested I make a treat based on their cuteness. I didn’t wait a minute before I was pulling out ingredients to make my prototype.
I created the bunny using Fruity Pebbles. I love that the front and the back are brightly colored and that cereal treats are so easy to shape into just about anything. It took me minutes to get the marshmallow treats made and shaped into a simple Peeps bunny. I drizzled on white Candy Melts and a rainbow of colors.
I am so excited to share this treat with you. I hope you love them as much as I do.
Watch the VIDEO TUTORIAL to see how you can make your own Rainbow Peeps Cereal Treats
- I poured by candy melts into zip top bags, but if you have disposable pastry bags, I’d use those instead so that you can reheat the bags if needed as you are working.
- You can, skip the bags and just use a spoon to drizzle the candy melts over each bunny.
- Store the bunnies in an airtight container for up to a week.
You can find the Rainbow Peeps at drug stores, grocery stores, discount stores, and on Amazon (commission earned for sales).
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 12 ounce white Candy Melts, melted
- 4 ounces pink Candy Melts, melted
- 4 ounces orange Candy Melts, melted
- 4 ounces yellow Candy Melts, melted
- 4 ounces green Candy Melts, melted
- 4 ounces blue Candy Melts, melted
- 4 ounces purple Candy Melts, melted
- Pour marshmallows and butter into large microwave safe mixing bowl
- Heat on high for 1 minute.
- Remove and stir.
- Heat for another 30-60 seconds until melted.
- Stir then add Fruity Pebbles and stir until well combined.
- Equally divide the cereal mixture into 6 sections.
- Scoop out one section and shape it into a Peeps bunny.
- Set the bunny on wax paper.
- Freeze the bunnies for 15 minutes.
- Remove and peel the bunnies off the wax paper.
- Set the bunnies on a metal cooling rack.
- Drizzle white candy melts over one bunny.
- Drizzle a few stripes of pink candy melts over the ears.
- Then add a few stripes of orange candy melts overlapping the pink stripes and repeat adding yellow, green, blue, and purple candy melts over the bunny creating a striped rainbow effect.
- Tap the bunny so that the stripes blend a bit.
- Carefully remove the bunny from the cooling rack and set on a wax or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place in the freezer.
- Repeat adding stripes to all your cereal treat bunnies.