Warm up on a cold winter’s day by making some of these incredibly cute Polar Bear Cupcakes made with White Reese’s Cups. Watch the video tutorial to see just how easy they are to make.
Last Valentine’s Day I made the cutest Teddy Bear Cupcakes using milk chocolate Reese’s Cups. They quickly became one of my most popular treats for the holiday of love. Of course they make great desserts for birthday parties and zoo themed events too.
When I created those brown bear cupcakes I used Candy Melt wafers for the snout and ears and really loved how they looked. Being the wafers are round they had to be cut in order to attach to the round edge of a Reese’s Cup. It’s not difficult but I realize some people won’t want to buy the round cookie cutter needed to make the curved cuts in the wafers.
Recently I found white chocolate Reese’s Cups at Walgreens. Happily these white candies are available in three different sizes so I decided to use all three to make some new polar bear cupcakes instead of using the Candy Melt wafers.
The Miniature White Reese’s Cups work great as a snout and a brown Reese’s Pieces is the perfect nose. Adding the Mini White Reese’s Cups as ears is super easy. Being both the mini and the regular size peanut butter cups have ridges, the sort of connect together when attached to each other using melted white Candy Melts.
They hold in place nicely and look really cute. They also are the perfect size to make the polar bear’s paws.
These Reese’s Cup Polar Bears would make great treats all on their own, but I love how they looked on a cupcake topped with a big swirl of fluffy white frosting.
You will need to use really firm frosting, one that holds a peak. I like to use Wilton’s Ready To Use Icing. I love the flavor and it’s bright white color. It is the perfect consistency to make a big swirl on top of a cupcake. I buy big 4.5 pound buckets of it and keep it in the fridge. It will stay fresh once opened for well over a month even though the container says two weeks. If you plan to make a whole bunch of these cupcakes then one big bucket of the creamy white frosting will be used up quickly.
If you make your own homemade frosting, just be sure it’s fairly stiff. The frosting in tubs from the grocery store won’t work. That frosting is just too soft.
If you find your Reese’s Cup Polar Bears won’t stand up straight on the cupcakes because the frosting is too soft, you can pipe a pick out of candy melts onto the back of the peanut butter cup. See my Leprechaun Cupcake tutorial for instructions.
To make these cupcakes you’ll need items that can be purchased from Amazon. The links below are affiliate links and I receive a commission on each sale at no additional cost to you. Thanks for using the links.
This post is not sponsored. I just like using Reese’s Cups to make fun treats!
- 6 (1.5 ounce) White Reese's Cups
- 6 Miniature White Reese's Cups
- 2 ounces melted White Candy Melts
- 12 (3/8 inch) candy eyes
- 6 brown Reese's Pieces
- 24 Mini White Reese's Cups
- black food coloring marker
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups of thick white frosting
- 6 white cupcakes
- Unwrap the Reese's Cups.
- Brush a small amount of melted White Candy Melts over the top (the wider end) of a Miniature Reese's Cup.
- Turn it upside down and press it onto one of the 1.5 ounce White Reese's Cup near one edge.
- Attach two candy eyes and one brown Reese's Pieces nose using more White Candy Melts.
- Set aside to allow the Candy Melts to dry for a few minutes.
- Then attach two Mini White Reese's Cup ears to the edge of the 1.5 ounce Reese's Cup.
- Let dry for about 10 minutes.
- Draw a pad and 5 toes onto the remaining 12 White Mini Reese's Cups using a black food coloring marker.
- Pipe a big swirl of white frosting on each cupcake.
- Snuggle a Reese's Cup Polar Bear onto the top part of the swirl adding a bit more frosting behind the Reese's Cup if needed to keep the polar bear in place.
- Press two paws into the frosting just above the edge of the cupcake wrapper on either side of the Polar Bear's head.
If you like these Polar Bear Cupcakes you might also like these other sweet cupcakes made with Reese’s Cups.