These cute Mini Chicken Parmesan Lasagna Snowmen will warm your heart and fill your belly this winter. Each individual serving size meal will add a festive touch to your Christmas celebrations.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FamilyPastaTime #CollectiveBias
Does your family love lasagna made with Barilla® Wavy Lasagna Noodles as much as mine?
When we gather together for family dinners my go to menus are either Italian or Mexican and being I love Mediterranean food so much I tend towards Italian. In the winter, I like to make hearty meals that are warm and comforting and there’s nothing better than a slice of lasagna on a chilly snowy day, except for these cute snowmen lasagna.
These Mini Chicken Parmesan Lasagna will even warm your heart when it’s blustery cold outside.
Don’t they just make you smile?
Making 8 of these mini lasagna snowmen is only slightly more work than making a large pan of lasagna, but they are so darn cute that they are so worth a little extra effort.
Instead of layering the noodles in a pan like you normally would, you wrap a strip of noodle around the inside of a ramekin then layer in small rounds of noodles and add your favorite lasagna fillings.
I found everything I needed to make these lasagna snowmen at Target. Do you see all those blue Barilla boxes on the shelves. Target has such a great selection of Barilla Pastas. To make my snowmen I grabbed some Barilla Wavy Lasagna Noodles along with all the ingredients you see pictured above.
For my mini lasagnas I chose to use a traditional ricotta filling and chunks of chicken fingers coated in Barilla Marinara Sauce. If you prefer, you can use ground beef, sausage, or vegetables like mushrooms, artichokes, broccoli, zucchini, sun dried tomatoes, or roasted red peppers.
That’s the beauty of a recipe like this. If you have a kid who wants chicken and another who likes veggies, you can personalize each mini lasagna to keep everyone happy.
Of course, sitting down to dinner to find a snowman smiling up at your will make anyone happy.
Watch this video to see how you can assemble your snowmen lasagnas.
Doesn’t that look like fun? If you and your kids are stuck inside on a snow day feeling cabin fever, these will brighten up everyone’s mood.
The kids can help cut the noodles, assemble the lasagnas, and decorate the snowmen. I bet they will have so much fun helping that they will be excited to eat dinner.
- 8 Barilla Wavy Lasagna Noodles
- olive oil or olive oil spray
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced chicken fingers, thawed*
- 1 cup Barilla Marinara Sauce
- optional, reduce the amount of chicken and add vegetable
- 8 teaspoons Barilla Alfredo Sauce
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 24-30 black olives
- 4 mini carrots
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add salt and noodles.
- Boil for 12 minutes until the noodles are soft. (They will crisp a bit in the oven.)
- Brush two cookie sheets with olive oil or olive oil spray.
- Set noodles in a single layer on the pan.
- Cut one 2 1/2 inch circle out of one noodle then cut that noodle into 2 even strips.
- Repeat with 3 more noodles.
- Cut five 2 1/2 inch circles out of the remaining four noodles.
- Set the cut pieces back on the oil covered pans.
- Brush olive oil or spray olive oil in the bottom and up the sides of eight 6 ounce ramekins.
- Wrap a noodle strip around the inside of a ramekin allowing the noodle to overlap slightly.
- Set one round noodle in the bottom of the ramekin.
- Repeat lining all 8 ramekins.
- Stir together the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, and salt.
- Evenly divide the chicken filling among the 8 ramekins.
- Compact the filling into an even layer.
- Set another round noodle on top of the chicken filling.
- Evenly divide the cheese filling among the 8 ramekins.
- Spread the filling in an even layer.
- Set the final round noodle on top of the cheese filling.
- Spread a teaspoon of Alfredo sauce over top then sprinkle with 1/2 ounce of mozzarella cheese.
- Cut olives in half. Use a bubble tea straw. a small round plunger or fondant cutter, or a large round pastry tip to cut 1/4 inch round circles from the olives.
- Cut the mini carrots into 3/4 inch long pieces for the snowmen noses.
- Arrange 2 olive eyes and one carrot nose on each lasagna.
- Then arrange 5 olives to form a smile under the nose.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and melted and the lasagnas are heated through.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Use 8 noodles to make 8 lasagnas. Cut a 2 1/2 inch round out of 4 of the noodles then cut the remaining noodle in half lengthwise. Cut the remaining 4 noodles into 5 more 2/12 inch rounds.
- Use the tiny baby carrots or cut your carrots into small snowmen noses. You can use orange peppers if you prefer the flavor.
- If you bake the lasagnas for about 22 minutes, the cheese on top will still be nice and white. If you bake them longer the cheese will begin to brown. Either way looks good and tastes great.
When I make pasta dishes I always grab a box of Barilla. I can always count on Barilla to help me make fresh and tasty meals for me family. How about you? Do you love Barilla too? Did you know they now have gluten free, whole grain, and veggie pastas? Find out more by visiting Barilla’s website.
Now through November 26, 2016 you can use a Cartwheel Offer to save 20% off Barilla® Pronto Pasta.
This post was sponsored by Barilla, but all opinions expressed here are my own. If you love their products as much as I do, follow along on their social media.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BarillaUS
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/barillaus/
- Twitter: @BarillaUS
- Instagram: @BarillaUS