Add Easter Rice Krispie Treats to your baskets this year. Your kids will love finding these adorably cute Fuzzy Chick Pops nestled among their jelly beans and chocolate bunnies.
It’s hard for me to decide which is cuter, a bunny, a lamb, or a chick. Do you have a favorite?
All I know is that I love making treats at Easter because everything is so cheerful.
I can’t help but feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I see these Rice Krispies Treat Chick Pops. They may not be quite as adorable as a tiny little fluffy baby chick but are pretty sweet looking, nonetheless.
Each of these candy coated rice krispie treats is covered in colored coconut then decorated with some candy eyes and orange candy coating. I am aware of the great number of coconut haters out there, and I have you covered.
You can grate yellow Candy Melts, using a cheese grater, to make flakes of yellow candy that can be used in place of the coconut like I did to make my Pink Fuzzy Slipper Cookies. If you want more detailed step-by-step instructions, be sure to check out my Pink Fuzzy Slipper Cookies tutorial.
Easter Rice Krispie Treats Fuzzy Chick Pops
sweetened flaked coconut
yellow liquid food coloring
Rice Krispies Treats
melted, yellow Candy Melts (or color white candy coating with yellow candy coloring)*
2 candy eyes per chick
melted, orange Candy Melts*
*For detailed melting instructions, see my Chocolate Making Tips page.
You’ll need about 1 ounce of yellow candy melts (plus more for dipping,) 1/2 ounce coconut, and 3 orange candy melts per .78 ounce rice krispies treat to make your chicks.
parchment paper lined baking sheets
Make yellow coconut – pour coconut into a zip top bag, break up any big lumps, add a few squirts of yellow food coloring, zip up bag, shake until evenly coated, pour into a shallow dish.
Dip the tip of a lollipop stick in some of the melted yellow candy coating. If using straws, slide the straw over the stick, pressing it up into the candy coating. This will help the two stick together. Then insert the candy coated tip of the stick into a Rice Krispies Treat.
Dip the cereal treat bars into the yellow candy coating. Lift the treat allowing the excess candy coating to drip off.
Coat treats with yellow coconut. Set on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for 5 minutes.
Pour orange candy melts into a squeeze-it mold painter bottle, or in a small zip top bag with a tiny bit of the tip cut off. Pipe a beak and feet onto each chick. Pipe a dot onto the back of two candy eyes and add them above the beak.
Pop them back in the freezer for 2 minutes.
Add them to your Easter baskets, serve as Easter dessert, or arrange them in a bouquet.
Items used to create this project that are available on Amazon.com (commission earned for sales)
- 6 Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 ounces shredded coconut
- yellow liquid food coloring
- 12 ounces yellow confectionery coating (candy melts)
- 2 ounces orange candy melts (or orange candy coloring)
- 12 candy eyes
- Unwrap Rice Krispie Treats.
- Place coconut in a zip top bag.
- Add a few drops of yellow food coloring and shake to coat.
- Melt yellow candy melts and pour into a tall glass.*
- Dip tip of a lollipop stick into the yellow candy melts then insert into one end of a rice krispie treat.
- Slide a paper straw over the stick.
- Repeat with all 6 treats.
- Allow the candy coating to dry then one at a time dip the rice krispies treats into the yellow candy coating and immediately sprinkle yellow colored coconut all over the treat.
- Set on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Freeze for about 5 minutes until the candy coating hardens.
- Melt orange candy melts then pour into a squeeze bottle or zip top bag.
- Pipe an orange beak and two feet onto each chick.
- Dab some orange candy coating onto the back of the candy eyes and attach two above the beak on each chick.
- Freeze for a few minutes until the orange candy hardens.
- *See Hungry Happenings' Chocolate Making Tips page for detailed instructions on melting Confectionery Coating (Candy Melts)
More Sweet Baby Chick Easter Treats
from Hungry Happenings
Lemon Bar Easter Chick • Marshmallow Easter Chicks
Cheese Ball Chicks • Coconut Cake Ball Chicks
White Chocolate Candy Filled Easter Chicks • Rice Krispie Treat Chicks
Hatching Hard Boiled Eggs • Sugar Spoon Easter Chicks
If you recreate these Easter Rice Krispie Treats Fuzzy Chick Pops
be sure to link to this tutorial and send a picture to email@example.com,
so I can share it in my Readers’ Gallery.