Round 1: (8) Boar’s Head Bold t-shirts
Round 2: (4) $50 gift card to purchase Boar’s Head Bold products
Round 3: (2) $100 gift card to purchase Boar’s Head Bold products
FINAL: iPad Air to stream all the games & access Boar’s Head Bold recipes (includes custom Boar’s Head case and $500 gift card) to cater your game-watching party with Boar’s Head products
When I was given the opportunity to create a sandwich using the Boar’s Head Bold line of products, I jumped at the chance. I love their products and they are in my shopping cart every week. It was tough to choose from the complete line of bold products that include meats, cheeses, and sauces that are chipotle, cajon, habanero, jerk, 3 pepper, and horseradish flavored.
To give my sandwich team the competitive edge, I didn’t serve them on ordinary bread. I made a bold choice to use basketball buns.
They were so easy to make using frozen dinner rolls. I just allowed them to thaw and rise before spraying them with orange food coloring spray. Then I painted on the basketball details using liquid black food coloring.
Once the little rolls were baked, they really looked like basketballs and I knew I had something special.
Of course any good championship team needs good balance, so I chose to use some Boar’s Head Brand Boar’s Head Provolone Cheese along with some sweet roasted red peppers and caramelized onions.
Boar’s Head Blackened Turkey Basketball Sliders
- 12 small frozen dinner rolls
- orange food coloring spray
- liquid black food coloring
- 12 slices Boar’s Head Brand Blackened Turkey Breast
- 12 slices Boar’s Head Brand Boar’s Head Provolone Cheese
- 1 cup caramelized onions
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, julienned
- ¼ cup Boar’s Head Brand Fiery Chipotle Gourmaise®
- Line baking sheet with non-stick tin foil or spray with non-stick spray. Set rolls 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Spray one piece of plastic wrap with non-stick spray and set over frozen rolls. Allow to sit at room temperature until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove plastic wrap and spray rolls with orange food coloring. Use a fine tip paint brush (new or food use only) to paint basketball lines on each roll using black food coloring.
- Bake rolls for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut open dinner rolls and place both halves cut side up on baking sheet. On bottom half arrange one slice of Blackened Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, one slice of Provolone cheese, and heaping tablespoon of both caramelized onions and roasted red peppers.
- Heat sliders in a 350 degree F oven until cheese melts. Smear Fiery Chipotle Gourmaise on the top side of dinner roll and set on top of sandwich. Serve hot.