I know polar bears are big and probably not that cuddly, well, at least not to humans, but I can’t help but feel the desire to snuggle up with one of them. I don’t imagine that will ever happen though, so I’ll just have to settle for making these sweet Polar Bear Pretzel Pops to give to friends and family.
I am really in love with making pretzel pops and am hoping despite my Jungle Animal Pretzel Pops being one of my least viewed posts last year, that you like them too. I have lots of designs in mind, and will be sharing many more tutorials this year.
These are some of the simplest pretzel pops I’ve created, thus far. I always use modeling chocolate to create the decorations for my chocolate dipped pretzel rods. I like how it tastes, and it is really easy to work with. If you prefer, you can use fondant or candies like chocolate and vanilla Tootsie Rolls or salt water taffy. For these bears you could even use marshmallows for the ears, and mini chocolate chips for the nose and eyes.
Any way you make them, I’m sure they will be adorable.
modeling chocolate* (or candies like vanilla and chocolate Tootsie Rolls)
baking pans lined with parchment paper
optional, food use only tweezers
- ears – cut out 2 white circles using the medium round plunger cutter
- inner Ears – cut 2 black circles using the small round plunger cutter
- nose – cut 2 black circles using the small round cutter and pinch it between your thumb and finger shaping it into a triangle with rounded edges
- eyes – pinch off 2 tiny pieces of black and roll into balls
- snout – pinch off 1 pea size piece of white and roll into a ball
- Candy Coating will crack and get sticky if your pretzels are in the freezer for too long.
- Spots will form on candy coating if left at room temperature for too long. Dip a few then get them in the freezer.
Thanks for sharing this on Pinterest, Facebook, your blog, etc. by using the share buttons at the end of this post.
and link back to Hungry Happenings.
to share in the Readers’ Gallery
Items used to create this project that are available on Amazon.com (commission earned for sales)